Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Treatment for male pattern baldness, hairfall and dandruff - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Hair Loss
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   Hello
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Good Evening Sir
Doctor :   Can I help you?
User :   I have been suffering from Hairfall diaease
User :   so much of dandruff too
User :   i am not able to find any solution for the same yet
Doctor :   V
Doctor :   To get a better picture I need this information--
Age: ; Occupation: ; Location: ; Marital Status: User :   sure sir
User :   Age: 29yrs
User :   Occupation: Self employed
User :   Bangalore
User :   Unmarried
Doctor :   How long is this happening?
User :   since 2 yrs
User :   hello!
Doctor :   Where exactly on your head are you losing hair,and how much
User :   forehead and middle portion
Doctor :   Does anyone in your family have the same condition
User :   no..sir
User :   itz happening to me only
User :   i don't know...why?
Doctor :   You seem to be suffering from male pattern baldness
User :   k
User :   plz prescribe me some solution for the same so that i shall be grateful to u
Doctor :   This condition requires you to get a complete examination by a trichologist/ skin specialist to rule out the causes
User :   wot i need to do?
Doctor :   They will prescribe you a solution of minidoxil, but it is a prescription medicine
Doctor :   So without examining it cannot be prescribed
Doctor :   For your dandruff you can use K2 shampoo once a week
User :   minidoxil is the medicine name....right!
Doctor :   but you really need to rule out other causes for that
Doctor :   For now use K2 which is an anti fungal shampoo
User :   k
Doctor :   Because dandruff itself caused hair loss
User :   right...100% i do agree with u
Doctor :   Anything else
User :   can u refer to any doctor in Bangalore to consult for the same?
Doctor :   You can use the find a doctor feature on our website to find a doctor nearest to you
User :   k..sir..Thanx for your idea..thanks a lot...Bye...Take Care
Doctor :   Bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor