Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Treatment for itching in anal region - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Infections
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Is this the same doctore I was speaking to before?
User :   What is your name?
User :   okay!
Doctor :   Yes
User :   Sorry my time expired.. i have not had hardley any bleeding, just barely once when I was constipated and had to force it out
Doctor :   Ok
User :   i dont know what an uncer looks like
User :   ulcer*
Doctor :   Ok is it possible to take a picture and send it
User :   uumm... will you be looking at it?
Doctor :   Does it burn?
User :   sort of... only when I poop
User :   just recently its been like this
User :   but itchy for a while
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   I would suggest that You avoid constipation
Doctor :   Is the skin in youe anal region dry?
User :   yes. so laxitaves?
User :   not at all
Doctor :   Ok drinl plenty of water
Doctor :   eat fruitsa and vegetables a dag
User :   ok. you thought it could be an infection?
Doctor :   day
User :   i eat pretty healthy
Doctor :   I think You should rule out an infection by showing the patch to a dermatologist
Doctor :   Since You are telling me that You have had anal intercourse
Doctor :   I think It could be a fungal infection
User :   so I would specifically have to go to a dermatologist or would the health clinic i go to for my pap smear be able to tell me?
User :   ewe gross. what was that caused from?
User :   and if not an infection what should i do?
Doctor :   No You would need a dermnatologist to confirm the diagnosis after inspecting that area .A gynarecologist may be able to help
Doctor :   You can use a moisturising cream in that area
User :   What was it caused from?
Doctor :   Maintain good hygiene
Doctor :   Avoid spicy food
User :   okay so what does anal intercourse have to do with it?
Doctor :   Ase they may cause iritation
Doctor :   It could have caused an infection
User :   okay. Could I just send in a picutre to that website to determine if It is an infection? I dont have insurance so im looking at another option
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   You can send a picture to this email adress but i strongly recomend that You show it to a dermatologist as it is possible that You have a infection possibly a fungal one
Doctor :   Tjhis reuires treatment in the form of local creams and maybe a tablet also depending on the cause of the infection
User :   okay. i guess since thats the best thing i can do i dont think i have any other questions... other than what you recommended?
User :   okay.. OTC?
Doctor :   Also You may have to do some tests which Your dermatologist will recomewnd to determine the cause of the infection
User :   yes. okay
Doctor :   IHopwe You have understood
User :   Thank You for your help doctor.
User :   I do. And how would i prevent this?
User :   wiping better?
Doctor :   Does the llesion itch more at night or only after passing stool?
User :   passing stool
User :   it never itches unless i pass stool
Doctor :   I think You should avioid constipation
User :   okay. how do i do that?
Doctor :   As you have said the area is not dry?\
User :   nope
Doctor :   You could take a mild laxative isapghol powder mixed in aglass of water at night
User :   when I feel I am constipated or all the time?
Doctor :   You also have to rule out a sexualy transmitted disease in that area
Doctor :   When You are constipated
Doctor :   Avoid anal intercourse
User :   Yes we are both cure of it now but that is it possible the clamydia caused it?
Doctor :   Std is a possibility
Doctor :   Do you have any other symptoms
User :   okay. my urine has a horrible odor
Doctor :   burning on passing urine?fever?
User :   no it doesnt burn. no fever
Doctor :   Yes i feel that std is a strong possibility
User :   okay. but since im cured of it will it go away?
User :   or i still have to have it treated with something else?
Doctor :   It needs antibiotic treatment
User :   okay. ill still get it checked out to make sure. but ill just wait to see what they tell me. The dermatologist
Doctor :   Please show it to a dermatologist who will subject you to physical examination and do relevant tests to find the organism
Doctor :   any skin lesions or discharge in pubic region?
User :   no.. what does a skin lesion look like?
Doctor :   Do You have back pain?
Doctor :   I meant a patch
User :   no, I just had a breast reduction....? might not be relevant. a skin patch?
User :   I dont have back pain. I dont think i have a skin patch or lesion
Doctor :   Any similar brown patches in your pubic region?
Doctor :   Whjat about Your mouth?
User :   no
User :   no.. i havent noticed it
User :   i have 5 sec
User :   thank u
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor