Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Treatment for itching and sore penis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   Hi,8 months back, i was having an itching in my penis. While sleeping at night i used to itch and something sticky can be felt, this led to a small wound in my bottomside of penis. After applying some cream, it went off. Now, actually the skin of that area of penis is different than other parts of penis. The skin of that part looks little shiny, and sometimes a dead layer of skin is noticed. It's not paining but if more friction is applied to that place, a mild burning sensation is felt. Can you please suggest what is the problem?
User :   Hi..
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Let me read it
User :   i've mentioned my problem as above
User :   ok sure
User :   read it?
Doctor :   Its hard to exactly figure out what you have described
Doctor :   anyway
Doctor :   it looks like you have
User :   what more info you need?
User :   ask me..
User :   i'll provide the same..
Doctor :   the skin has regenerated but not yet acquired its complete tensile strenght
User :   ok..
Doctor :   You ncan send over a photo if possible
User :   as of now its not possible
User :   can i consult a doctor?
Doctor :   Send it to : YYYY@YYYY
Doctor :   Ok
User :   which department of medical science, i should consult for this?
Doctor :   Dermatology
User :   ok, but how will you know, that photo belongs to this chat person...
User :   i mean shall provide some keyword to identify?
User :   ok
Doctor :   Department of Skin & venereal disease
User :   do you know any doctor in bangalore?
User :   is it a STD(sexually transmitted disease)?
Doctor :   Does that area have a Raw look?
Doctor :   fleshy or somewhat bleeding?
User :   no bleeding at all
User :   i didn't got what is raw look?
User :   do you know any doctor whom i can consult?
Doctor :   Raw is meaty
User :   no
Doctor :   you can find the doctor on the following link: User :   its like same as other part of penis, the only difference is the skin is little bit different
Doctor :   WWW.WWWW.WW User :   the skin is little bit shony and i think, the outmost layer of skin is not there in that part
User :   that link is saying webpage not found...
User :   what do you think, is it fungal infection?
User :   or something else?
Doctor :   WWW.WWWW.WW User :   please reply ...
Doctor :   OK
Doctor :   After an injury
Doctor :   the skin regrows righth?
User :   yes
User :   but last 5 months there are no injury
Doctor :   but this new skin never regains its orininal tensile strenght
User :   the injury happened only once for the first time
User :   correct
User :   this link is also not working
User :   same error
User :   its working now
Doctor :   Have you observed white flakes over it?
User :   in that link, we have location and speciality, which speciality i need to chosse?
Doctor :   Dermatology
User :   ok
User :   i'm only observinjg dead skin
User :   what is white flakes?
Doctor :   Also Sexually transmited disease speciality
User :   ok
User :   which one is better dermatology or STD?
Doctor :   Dead skin come out as white flakes in case of fungal infection
User :   ok
User :   correct, i'm observing that
Doctor :   dermatology or STD? its the same
Doctor :   Is your lesion ring shaped?
Doctor :   with a central clear area?
User :   i consulted one ayurvedic doctor, he told that it is fungal infection..
Doctor :   Periphery with small umps?
Doctor :   bumps?
Doctor :   or rashes?
User :   rashes
User :   i don't know what is bump and lump
Doctor :   Tiny little projections
User :   no projections
Doctor :   Is your lesion ring shaped?
Doctor :   with a central clear area?
User :   whole penis is clear, no wound...only the skin of some part is different from other parts
User :   skin of that part is shiny and sometimes dry dead skin comes out as flakes
User :   no wound of ring shaped or projections
User :   so, any idea what is that ?
Doctor :   One has to see the lesion to diagnose correctly, anyway from your description it looks like fungal
User :   ok
Doctor :   kindly show it to a dermatologist
User :   ok
User :   any doctor name, whom you want to refer?
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor