Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Treatment for hydrocele - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hii doctor...
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   how are you?
Doctor :   I am fine thanks.
Doctor :   Please proceed with your query?
User :   doctor i ve problem which i am lil hestitate to share with othrs.
User :   i ve hydrocele
User :   can create any big problem.
User :   i am having it for last 10 yrs almost..
Doctor :   May I know your age?
Doctor :   Hydrocele can occasionally cause problems.
User :   till now dont have much prob except some inconvenice during walking some time.
User :   28 now.
Doctor :   Usually they do not cause major problems however occasionally there are chances of infections,
Doctor :   reducing the testicular functions.
User :   ok.
Doctor :   However these complications are not very often.
Doctor :   seen.
Doctor :   Have you followed?
User :   no not yet.
Doctor :   These complications are most common if there are any other associated dysfunctions such as diabetes, infections, hernias.
Doctor :   Else, most often they are harmless.
Doctor :   Have you followed?
User :   can this thing aggravate with till now i dont have any pain or something...
Doctor :   if they have been there for a long time, the swelling may not aggravate.
Doctor :   But I would suggest you to watch over it.
User :   ok....
User :   what should i do..?
User :   precautions.?
Doctor :   Report to your doctor for evaluation, if you notice any change in the size of the swelling, or if you develop any other symptoms.
User :   ok.
User :   what else you suggest doctor.? any excercise or diet or anything that can reduce it..
Doctor :   Do you have any other query that I can assist you with?
User :   K
Doctor :   Unfortunately the treatment for hydrocele is only be surgical means or by aspiration using a needle.
User :   ok...
Doctor :   Aspiration should only be attempted by a medical doctor.
User :   when surgery is required?
Doctor :   There are few drugs which have been tried.
Doctor :   However the results with these drugs are not known.
Doctor :   Surgical treatment is often suggested if the hydrocele has been persisting for more than 12 to 18 months.
Doctor :   Have you followed?
Doctor :   Are you there?
User :   but i ve this for quite a long time almost 10-12 major prob till now.
User :   what should you suggest for me?
Doctor :   Since it has been there without any symptoms for more than 10 years, I would suggest you to get a physical examination done by a doctor.
Doctor :   An examination would be more appropriate in deciding if the surgery is essential or if it can be managed conservatively.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
User : till now i ve not consultd a physician as thr is no prb with that.
User :   is there any reason to panic?
Doctor :   There is no need to panic.
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   no doc....
User :   may i know ur namedoc?
Doctor :   Dr XXXXX
User :   thanx dr.
User :   can i chat with again?
User :   can i chat with u again?
User :   ?
Doctor :   Yes, you can chat with me any time.
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   ?
User :   ok...
User :   bye....
User :   for now..........
User :   thnx a lot..
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor