Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Treatment for herpis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
User :   I i have herpis and i am very werry i dont know what to do i dont know if is some think that will kill me or what to look forward to please can you inlighting me.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Your age?
User :   I am 26
Doctor :   When were you diagnosed Herpes
User :   about two years ago
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Are you on meds
Doctor :   There are oral medications, such as acyclovir ( famciclovir or valacyclovir that prevent the virus from multiplying and even shorten the length of the eruption
Doctor :   You just have to follow regular medicines
Doctor :   This will not endanger you life
User :   Yes,i am on ACYLOVIR but anly when i have a outbrack
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Maintain personal hygiene and dont prick on the bumps as they are very infective and may spread too
Doctor :   Avoid unprotected sex if there is an second infection then will have a severe outbreak
Doctor :   Frankly speaking there is no cure for genital herpes, but viral shedding and outbreaks can be reduced with antiviral medications.
Doctor :   But i can assure it not an life threatening condition
Doctor :   All needed is some xtra care and precautions
User :   I am sexual active my child father we love each orther what should do
Doctor :   practise safe sex
Doctor :   Be careful during outbreaks do avoid at those times
Doctor :   Outbreaks of genital herpes are closely related to the functioning of the immune system. Women who have suppressed immune systems, either through stress, disease, or medications, have more frequent and longer-lasting outbreaks
User :   ok but what if he have it too
Doctor :   Drug valacyclovir (Valtrex), taken once a day, has been found to reduce the shedding of HSV-2 on genital mucosal surfaces and to reduce the rate of transmission of genital herpes among discordant couples
Doctor :   Works fine in Couples in which one partner is HSV-2-positive and the other is HSV-2-negative
User :   so should i continue to the med the doctor give me
Doctor :   You can
Doctor :   But i suggested considering your activity and requirement
Doctor :   Do get prescribed for (Valtrex),if your sexually active
User :   ok so orther wise do i still worry about anything els
Doctor :   No if your confined to only one partner and practising safe sex
User :   because we would like to have a baby will it be salf
Doctor :   Yes it safe but on regular meds
Doctor :   And some modifications in meds after getting pregnant
Doctor :   Will also require extra care in prenatal period
Doctor :   And regular checkup with gynecologist
Doctor :   You can have a babay for sure
Doctor :   And there are also drugs which provide protection to baby, avoids spread during labour
Doctor :   Depending on the intensity of infection the drug will be choosed
User :   ok because i am realy depress about my condion
Doctor :   You dont have to worry much
Doctor :   Just forget what happned
Doctor :   Start a fresh life ahead
Doctor :   Wishing you all the best
User :   I wont go with my life but i am so a fraid i dont know what to me with this
Doctor :   Its treatable so dont worry
User :   so i dont have to warry it will take my life or some thing els will happen
Doctor :   No you haeb to be confident
Doctor :   * have
Doctor :   And avoid anxiety that will lead to stress and start affecting your health
User :   ok what is anxiety
Doctor :   Excess worry
User :   ok thank you i feel much better
Doctor :   You are welcome
Doctor :   Take care
User :   i wish i have a number to talk to,if i have any quston should i logon back
Doctor :   yes,
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor