Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Treatment for genetic disorder - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Genetics
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the trial chat with our doctor. This chat is only to provide you an idea how an actual chat would be like. Please note that the time of this chat is insufficient for the doctors to provide you a detailed answer to your questions. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page and you can select a package of your choice.
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hello
User :   thankyou
User :   i needed your name for a project im doing
User :   i need some advice because i am doinng a project on hurler syndrome
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   please proceed
User :   k what are the symptoms forhurler syndrome?
User :   is it also true that people with this die before the age of ten if they do not get treatments?
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   thats right
User :   what are the treatments?
Doctor :   hurler syndrome is deficiency of enzymes in the liver
User :   what is enzyme?
User :   thankyou doctor anvekar. out of time. peace out bj
User :   fuk
Doctor :   so enzyme replacement is the proposed therapy via gene therapy
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor