Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Treatment for folliculitis in the genital area - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   hi! i have a lump on my clitoris. it is swollen and i think it has puss inside. it is not itchy but it is slightly painful when touched.
Doctor :   Hi,
User :   hi
Doctor :   Since when is the lesion present ?
User :   i had the irritation yesterday
User :   and i only saw it today
Doctor :   ok,
Doctor :   well the clitoris is very sensitive part , any lesion over it will be very painful , so do not handle it
Doctor :   its folliculitis what i suspect
Doctor :   you need to be put on antibiotics
User :   ok what antibiotics?
Doctor :   hence you need a clinical examination by a gynecologist after which you can be placed on appropriate antibiotics
User :   is there any ove the counter antibiotics that i can buy?
Doctor :   the choice of antibiotics can be done after clinical examination and rule out any other forms of infection in and around the genitilia
Doctor :   no, you do need a written prescription for antibiotics
User :   ok..
User :   so i do still need to go to see a doctor
Doctor :   jus keep washing it with pure water or warm saline
Doctor :   so that the infection do not spread and there should be not much pain due to dryness
Doctor :   yes, you have to visit a gynecologist
User :   ok thanks
Doctor :   Is there anything i can help you with ?
User :   that's all
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me , kindly provide your feedback
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor