Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Treatment for fluid pocket on forehead - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 28-Feb-2014
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
User:I have a fluid pocket on forehead and large egg shaped pocket on side of both ankles.
Doctor:It seems like cystic swellings
Doctor:Are you there?
User:Sorry, I have a fluid pocket on the left side of forehead, two large egg shaped pockets on each ankle .
Doctor:You can get an ultrasound done on the swellings to confirm
Doctor:The swellings can be better managed by a surgeon after confirming the diagnosis
Doctor:Do you have any question here?
Doctor:Are you there?
Doctor:Please ask your doubts about your condition
Doctor:Are you there?
User:I have been to vascular Doctor's in the past , they say I have vascuardisease . I have meany spider veins that hurt after walking they do not take Medicare Medicaid they say it's cosmetic and the problem has worsen. after I walk outside my feet are very painful. I use to take blood pressure med should I start med again?
Doctor:you need to take bp meds if blood pressure is raised
Doctor:feet baing painful can be due to walking excessively
Doctor:Spider veins can be corrected by laser
Doctor:Vascular diseases also need surgical consult
Doctor:Are you there?
Doctor:Please ask your query
User:my concern is why do I have a fluid pocket on the side of my head to? I do not drink, smoke, eat fresh fruit salad every day eat fresh vegetable meals no salt use honey and coconut oil to cook alive oil even on my face I am XXXXXXX and fitness consonance. I don't get it. I even look 10 yrs younger because I take care of my self I'm 64yrs old but active.
Doctor:Fluid pockets may be arising form blood vessels or lymnphatics and can be easily taken care of by a surgeon
Doctor:If it is benign then it can be left alone
Doctor:Some conditions just arise for no particular cause
Doctor:You can see a doctor to confirm if it is benign and harmless
Doctor:Fluid on ankles may even be blisters from walking or scratching
Doctor:It can be confimed with physical examination and some routine tests
User:My Doctor just saw me, he was not concerned. This is not normal to walk around with these pockets and now on my fourhead.
Doctor:Are those similar?
Doctor:You can ask the doctor to get it removed
Doctor:If it is filled with fluid and not blood then it be drained in family doctors office
User:Yes, the ones on my ankles are large egg shaped.
Doctor:Does your ankles joints hurt?
User:The one on my forehead is dime shaped.
Doctor:I would not be worried either
Doctor:I have seen many patients with cystic swellings that can be easily drained with needle and syringe
Doctor:The fluid drained can be send for histopathology
User:Yes my ankles hurt so much after walking that I have to lie down at least an hour maybe more.
Doctor:It can be an infection of the fluid inside the joint
Doctor:the synovial fluid
Doctor:check with your doctor about it
Doctor:The swellings may be a protrusion of the synovial fluid
Doctor:or these can be bursa
User:Whqat is that type of Doctor called?
Doctor:orthopedic surgeon
User:Thank you . I wish I felt better.
Doctor:Yes you will once the diagnosis is made
Doctor:You can get the synovial fluid examined
Doctor:Thanks for consulting
User:OK calling doc now
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor