Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Treatment for excess hairfall on the forehead area - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Hair Loss
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   Hello
Doctor :   Hi xxxx
Doctor :   how can I help you?
User :   iam having problem with my hair
Doctor :   To get a better picture I need this information--
Age: ; Occupation: ; Location: ; Marital Status:
User :   iam lost my half of the hair
User :   Age 26,xxxx,unmarried
Doctor :   when did this problem start?
User :   lost 3 year s
Doctor :   Any particular area of your scalp is involved? or is it uniform thinning?
User :   Uniform sir
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Do you have any scalp infections/ dandruff problem?
User :   Nothing sir
Doctor :   Have you had a check up with a dermatologist/ trichologist any time- to find out the cause of your hair loss?
User :   yes
User :   i got tablets biotene-zc,finpecia,tritupth hair oil
Doctor :   Do you have any other health problems or allergies? ex- asthma, a thyroid problem etc?
User :   No problems sir
User :   I will not drink or smoke sir
Doctor :   Has the medicines you have taken made any difference to your hair fall?
User :   No it increased fall of hair sir
ser : i went skin specialist sir
Doctor :   ok...
Doctor :   when did you take the medicines?
User :   is that medicines are usefull or not
User :   6 months back
Doctor :   Do you have any excess hair fall- on the front of your head or forehead area?
User :   Forehead area only
Doctor :   Ok- see that is called male pattern baldness- due to the effect of he male hormone- testosterone
Doctor :   does any body in your family have a similar problem?
User :   with my father but he got at 40 age
Doctor :   have you chatted on our site before for this problem?
User :   No sir
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   see - the medicines that you had been given are the standard treatment for hair loss..
User :   ok
Doctor :   As it has not helped- i would suggest you see a trichologist( hair specialist) to find out the cause and suggest appropriate treatment
User :   ok sir
Doctor :   your hair will be examined- and treatment suggested
User :   ok sir
Doctor :   Is there anything else I can help you with?
User :   any clinic in xxxx sir
Doctor :   One of our doctors will call you with the details - which area are you in ?
User :   xxxx
Doctor :   can i confirm your details- Email : YYYY@YYYY ; Mobile : 0000
User :   yes sir
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting Health care magic. Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor