Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Treatment for epileptic seizure - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Mental Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the trial chat with our doctor. This chat is only to provide you an idea how an actual chat would be like. Please note that the time of this chat is insufficient for the doctors to provide you a detailed answer to your questions. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page and you can select a package of your choice.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   Hi there, I know we don't have much time so I will just get right in to it. Thanks for your help. I am wondering if I should see a neurologist
Doctor :   Please explain your query.
User :   I have not felt proper emotions in two years
Doctor :   Ok
User :   I used to be a very emotional person, but cannot feel anything anymore including love or joy. I usually just feel flat.
User :   should I seek the help of a neurologist or would that be wasting their time?
Doctor :   Since you don't have an organic symptoms and since your symptoms are psychological,
Doctor :   neurologist will not be the right person to help you.
User :   okay, I have already spoken to a psychiatrist about this and they have not been able to provide me with an answer. My concern is that it is physical in nature. and feel that there might be something in my brain causing it
Doctor :   You will need a psychologist or a psychiatrist who will be the right person to assess you, evaluate and guide you through.
User :   okay so there can't be anything physically wrong?
Doctor :   Emotional disturbances aren't physical.
Doctor :   unless a physical symptoms such as abnormal physical sensation or weakness, headaches are associated with it.
Doctor :   Are you there?
Doctor :   I have to close the window as you are not responding. Please chat with our doctors 24/7 for medical queries.
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor