Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Treatment for corn formation on foot - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the test chat with our doctor. The duration of the test chat is 5 minutes. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help u?
User :   hi i need your help, regarding corn formation on foot?
Doctor :   Please provide these details: Age, Gender, Location, Occupation, Marital status,
User :   how can we get rid of those? i have small corn formation between my toes
User :   27, female,single
Doctor :   k
Doctor :   These occur due to persistent friction, rubbing and or pressure
Doctor :   Corn is a cone shaped thickening of the outer horny layer of the skin that becomes very hard and painful. Calluses are similar to corns but do not have the regular round shape and are generally not painful.
User :   will it occur because of bad shoes?
Doctor :   yeah true
Doctor :   Treatment: User :   so what kind of treatment, we need to undego
Doctor :   It is important to eliminate the cause of increased friction or pressure
Doctor :   The shoes must be well fitting. Use of insoles and lubrication of the skin helps. S
Doctor :   Soaking the feet in warm water and then rubbing them gently with pumice stone helps minimizing the discomfort. If the problem persists, consult the dermatologist.
User :   yeah i will follow that, for the existing corns, what can i do, its pain when i presed
User :   pumice stone?
Doctor :   u can buy corn caps from the pharmacy
User :   will they cure?
Doctor :   yeah sure
User :   i read in one of the article that, some acid mix cure this?, wht is the mixture of the acid
Doctor :   nothing lie that
Doctor :   Is there anything else I can help you with?

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor