Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Treatment for constipation in infants - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Constipation
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3613 Questions

User :   I would like to discuss about my Son, he is 2.2 Years old
Doctor :   Go ahead..
User :   Problem is for past few Days, his potty is very hard
User :   but their is no blood particuls visible in it
User :   could you please suggest
Doctor :   can plz tell me what potty means
User :   Stoll
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   What is her diet consist of .
User :   I mean Stool
Doctor :   I got it.
Doctor :   What is her diet consist of .
User :   In morning 1 Bottle milk
User :   then 1 Chapatti with Some dish
Doctor :   ok
User :   @ 10 or 11 o clock some fruits
Doctor :   ok
User :   afternoon again some chappati with rice and dish
User :   around 2 o clock 1 bottle milk
User :   same for evening and night
Doctor :   okk
Doctor :   Does the dish consist of many vegetables
User :   sometimes
User :   but usually h don't like
Doctor :   I am going one by one step to solve the problem..ok
User :   ok
Doctor :   Does she drink water in between meals
User :   Yes he is
Doctor :   Because it is recent onset, there will not be any medical problems for this . OK
Doctor :   You need to add more vegetables in the diet
User :   ok
Doctor :   Give vegetables with three meals
Doctor :   How long is he sitting in the toilet?
User :   2-3 minutes
Doctor :   Does anybody watching how long he is sitting and what he is doing?
User :   yes I am
User :   as he is 2.2 years old so we baught Potty Pan for him
Doctor :   Encourage her to sit more time min 10-15 minutes
User :   ok
Doctor :   bowel training is very important
User :   what do you mean by Bowel training
Doctor :   children are inpatient to sit for long time
Doctor :   they get in and get out of the tioilet
User :   exactly
Doctor :   They should be ecouraged to set for long time
Doctor :   and told to strain
User :   ok
Doctor :   With every attempt encourage her sit and strain
User :   I have discussed with One of the doctor in New Delhi, he recomend to give him Digene on daily basis, and atleast 3 to 4 dose a day
User :   do you also recomend the same
Doctor :   It is enzyme that digest better but it not the accurate treatment
User :   ok
User :   so apart from increasing vegetables in his dieat, and encourage him to sit in toilet for long time
User :   what else you recommend
User :   I am scared about Piles
User :   due to this issue
Doctor :   Piles is uncommon in children
Doctor :   do not worry abt this
User :   hhhh, bit relief
Doctor :   If she is constipated, u can use glycerine suppository
Doctor :   now and then
User :   no he is not constipated
User :   do we also increase intake water
User :   can we give him chiken
Doctor :   Increase waer intake, vegtable intake
Doctor :   take her to walk
Doctor :   sit and train to empty bowels
Doctor :   that will take of her
Doctor :   use glycerine suppository now and then
User :   ok will do
User :   last Q, do you recommend Chiken
User :   for him
Doctor :   Yea
User :   Thank you Jagdish
User :   Will take care
User :   please also suggest, do we give Digene or not
Doctor :   U dont need to give it
Doctor :   stop that.
User :   Thank you, will do that
User :   bye bye
Doctor :   Bye
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor