Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Treatment for congenital phimosis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   Head of my penis is covered by skin and only part of the skin coming down during masturbation.What should i do ???
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   Dr.XXX here.
User :   Hello
Doctor :   please describe your symptom in detail
User :   Okay
Doctor :   since when are you faced with this problem?
User :   The skin over my penis is not coming down completely..
Doctor :   please provide your age, height, weight, details of past medical illness if any.
User :   Age 27
Doctor :   were you able to pull down the skin (foreskin) completely before?
Doctor :   since when are you faced with this problem?
User :   172 cm is height
User :   No, i was never able to put it down
Doctor :   do you mean to say that the foreskin is not completely retractable (pull down) since birth?
User :   I thought i was young and it will come down by itself
Doctor :   ok'
User :   ya
Doctor :   inability to pull down the foreskin completely is due to a condition called Phimosis
User :   I thought when i will be over 20 it will come down,but it is not coming
Doctor :   it can be present since birth or it can happen later in life due to infections of penis head
User :   No infection
User :   It is since birth
Doctor :   when it is present since birth it is also called as congenital phimosis
User :   I am a virgin....
Doctor :   the treatment lies in finding out the cause
User :   okay
User :   Ya, it is since birth..
Doctor :   the cause can be due to fibrous tissue causing adhesion or scar tissue which needs to be cut by doing a minor operation similar to circumsicion
User :   Okay
Doctor :   the type of procedure needed depend on your examination finding
User :   Whom should i see for that...
Doctor :   you need to go ahead with getting examined by a urologist to see what is holding the skin tight
User :   I have no problem with erection or masturbation.
User :   Will i be able to do sex??
Doctor :   if the skin is not able to be retracted back well, then you might have pain or bleeding when attempting intercourse
Doctor :   there will usually be no problems associated with erection and ejaculation
User :   no, i never attempt hard to force the skin out
Doctor :   yes, you should never try to attempt hard
User :   Okay
Doctor :   as it might cause bleeding and severe pain
User :   do u know about any urologist i may see?
Doctor :   do not worry you can get this treated and lead a normal sexual life
Doctor :   please provide your location details
User :   XXX
Doctor :   ok. let me check. please give me a few moments.
Doctor :   visit this link
Doctor :   you might be able to contact Urologist there
Doctor :   WWW.WWWW.WW au/
Doctor :   WWW.WWWW.WW WWW
User :   Should i go directly to a surgeon for surgery or a urologist..
Doctor :   you can go ahead with either meeting a general surgeon or a urologist
User :   Okay, thank you very much...
User :   Nice to chat with u
Doctor :   is there anything else I can help you with?
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me. bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor