Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Treatment for chronic acne,dark circles around eyes - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   Hello?
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   Are you a dermatologist?
Doctor :   No
Doctor :   I am a General practitioner
User :   Ok doctor I have had acne on my back for quite some time now,could I possibly have eczema?
Doctor :   Yes, when one has chronic acne, they tend to manipulate or scratch over it
Doctor :   This prolonged scratching or manipulation can lead to eczema & secondary bacterial infection
Doctor :   of the acne
User :   My acne is reddish but it is not itchy.
Doctor :   Please give your Age & Gender
User :   I also have dark circles around my eyes and a dry scalp.
User :   I am 18yrs old male.
Doctor :   So you have never scratched or manipulated it?
User :   No
Doctor :   has any doctor diagnosed you to be having eczema?
User :   No they said it was general acne but the medications they told were not useful.
Doctor :   Ok, so what medications have you used & for how long?
User :   I have used a benzoyl peroxide gel(benzac) for about 2 months.
Doctor :   Looks like that is not sufficient
User :   Ok how should I proceed then?
Doctor :   You will need the next step of drugs
Doctor :   Isootretinoin
Doctor :   Antibiotics
User :   Can you prescribe any?
Doctor :   Sorry, it is unethical for me to prescribe prescription drugs over the net
Doctor :   I can only provide you with suggestions
Doctor :   & home remedies
User :   What about my dark circles and dry scalp,are they somehow related to the acne?
Doctor :   Yes it could be related if at all
Doctor :   you have
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor