Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Treatment for chest pain and cough - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Asthma and Allergy
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3620 Questions
User :   hi,
my husband fell onto a gate a week and a half ago which caught his chest badly and severely winded him. Since then he has really bad trouble breathing and pains in his chest. it seems the problems have worsened as he now has pains in his back as well. He has caught a cough and it hurts when he does coughs and he has been choking on his phlem when he has been sleeping and not bin able to breath.
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hello
User :   hi
Doctor :   Let me read the query
Doctor :   and understand it
Doctor :   What is his age?
User :   32
Doctor :   Was an Xray of the chest done?
User :   no
Doctor :   That should be starting point for the treatment further
User :   we did go to the doctors and he sent him away and just told him to get 400mg of neurofen
Doctor :   Ok, but since it did not help him
Doctor :   I suggest you to revisit the doctor for the same
User :   ok but have u got any suggestions for what it could be
User :   we go on holiday on friday and wondered it it would be wise to not go
Doctor :   Good that you have not gone
Doctor :   The first thing I can think about is
Doctor :   1) Allergic Pneumonitis because of the allergen that could have entered his airway
Doctor :   2) Secondary bacterial infection
Doctor :   3) Moderate injury to the muscles of the rib cage causing deep pains
User :   are all these serious
Doctor :   None of them can turn serious if an early treatment is started
User :   would we have to go to the hospital and get tests done
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   Chest Xray, Sputum microscopy, Lung examination
User :   ok we will do that today
Doctor :   Complete blood counts
Doctor :   Do you have any more question?
User :   no thankyou for your help
Doctor :   Thank you for consulting me
Doctor :   Bye for now
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor