Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Treatment for chalazion - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions

User :   hi..
Doctor :   Hi
User :   I have a 'cist/sty/chazilion' on my eye...not sure which one of these it actually doesn't hurt, but it's quite a big bump (the size of a dew drop) am i to treat it?
Doctor :  
How can I help you?
Doctor :   Let me read it

Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Since when is it present?
User :   abt a month now
Doctor :  
User :   i had something similar when i was small...didn't treat it and just went in a cuple of months..
User :   wat shud i do now?
Doctor :  
Has it increased in size?
User :   i can't say really...even if it has, it is a very minute increase..
Doctor :   Ok
User :   wat's d treatment for this? is there any treatment>
Doctor :  
Chalazion is a cystic swelling
Doctor :  
of the gland in the eyelid
User :   yes, but how do i get rid of it?
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
I will tell you
Doctor :  
One is thro application of local antibiotics
User :   on the eyelid? or inside?
Doctor :  
User :   is it true that if it's left untreated it will go away eventually?
Doctor :  
It can be ointment or eyedrops
Doctor :  
Yes, chalazion will go away
Doctor :  
But has to treated
Doctor :  
And more than that

Doctor :  
It has to be diagnosed first
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor