Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Treatment for burning eyes due to fluoride in the toothpaste - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2579 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the trial chat with our doctor. This chat is only to provide you an idea how an actual chat would be like. Please note that the time of this chat is insufficient for the doctors to provide you a detailed answer to your questions. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page and you can select a package of your choice.
Doctor :   Hi,
User :   hi
Doctor :   How can i help you ?
User :   i was putting toothpaste with fluoride on my toothbrush and some of it flicked into my eye
User :   and i had my contact in at the time
User :   so i immediately took it out and it was burning a lot and washed my eye out
Doctor :   ok,
User :   should i be worried and see my eye doctor ?
Doctor :   No, the fluoride in the toothpaste is a inert type , it do not cause any harm , but the irritation is due to the menthol in the paste
Doctor :   hence need not worry
User :   ok =) thanks
User :   do i have to replace my contact ?
User :   or just wash it out will be enough ?
Doctor :   Put FLUR eye drops if the irritation is more that would be enough
Doctor :   washing the lense will be enough
User :   oh ok ^_^ thanks
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me , kindly provide your feedback
User :   =) okay
Doctor :   Bye for now
Doctor :   take care
User :   bye =D
User :   thanks again =)
Doctor :   do not wash eye with tap water , the drops will help
Doctor :   tap water may have impurities,
User :   oh .. ok
Doctor :   Bye
User :   ^_^ bye
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor