Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Treatment for bumps on scrotum due to poor hygiene - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Infections
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   Hi, I got many small bump around my scrotum, I don't know what the main cause of it. I hope someone can help me.
Doctor :   hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   Dr. XXXXXXXX here.
Doctor :   since when ave you noticed the bumps?
User :   it started when I'm 16 years old, now I'm 20
Doctor :   please provide your age, height weight, details of past medical illness and treatment if any
Doctor :   please describe the bumps in detail
User :   20 , 176 , 55 , no medical illness and treatment ..
Doctor :   ok
User :   the bump when I push it, it a puss will come out from it, it not pain but sometimes itchy
Doctor :   is there any redness associated?
Doctor :   s there any foul smell associated?
Doctor :   are the bumps around the hair follicles?
Doctor :   I mean to ask, do they appear to be attached to the hair on the scrotum.
User :   and cause a sexual problems with me , no redness , but the puss r smelly. no it attached to the skin .
User :   first there is not many, but now it become more than before ...
User :   I afraid it was STD, but I never made sex before ..
Doctor :   ok. then it suggests infection, most common in that area is folliculitis
Doctor :   you should consider getting them examined, you might need to test the pus, to identify the causative organism
Doctor :   and based on the tests and examination findings, treatment will be started with antibiotics
Doctor :   visit a Urologist or an Andrologist for this
Doctor :   since you have not had intercourse before, chances of STD are less
Doctor :   if left untreated, then it can cause problems later affecting your sexual life.
Doctor :   do get lot of sweat in the area?
User :   ya..
Doctor :   do you wear tight undergarments?
User :   no, I just use short pants... but it sometimes feel very hot around there..
Doctor :   the moisture and lack of air circulation could be the main reason for precipitating them.
User :   so what should I do ?
Doctor :   try and wash the area with clean water, keep it dry, if needed use anti bacterial or antifungal powder atleast 2 times a day to prevent further episodes.
Doctor :   use loose undergarments.
Doctor :   drink plenty of water, about 8-10 glasses per day. it also keeps you hydrated and cool down the entire system
Doctor :   have you followed what I said?
User :   yes.
Doctor :   get examined soon and get started on treatment
Doctor :   and follow the precautions suggested above
User :   I search the google bout the folliculitis and the first picture show the same problems like me
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   is there anything else you would like to ask me?
User :   Can I know is this cause by genetic ?
Doctor :   it is the most common cause for the symptoms you have
Doctor :   no, t is not genetic
Doctor :   it is more related to hygiene and hydration
User :   owh...
User :   but I always take care bout my hygiene
Doctor :   you need to make sure you wash very often, not to let sweat accumulate, and keep the area dry
User :   owh ok... thx
Doctor :   is there anything else you would like to ask me?
User :   no, by the way thank you.
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me. bye for now.
User :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor