Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Treatment for back pain due to sciatica - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Average Posted in: Back Pain
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   When I walk sometimes my lower back hurts and my leg and then my shin will go numb. What is this?
User :   hello
Doctor :   How can I help You
User :   I am having problems with my back
Doctor :   let me read what You have typed
User :   My lower back hurts when I walk and my leg too
User :   then my shin will go numb
Doctor :   How long have You had this
User :   probably 6 - 9 months off an on
Doctor :   have You hurt your back or leg?
User :   no
User :   I do work at a paint store and we lift a lot
User :   but it will flare up mostly when I am walking around for awhile
Doctor :   Ok have You lifter any weitght recently which has strained Your back?
User :   no not that caught my attention
Doctor :   I think it is possible that there has been trauma due to wiight lifting to Your back
User :   about 5 or6 months ago I went to a chiropractor for awhile but it didn't do anything to help the problem
Doctor :   I think You should visit an orthopaedician for an xray to your back
Doctor :   to rule out any damage to Your discs
User :   ok
User :   does this sound like a sciatic nerve thing?
Doctor :   You need a proper physical examination by Your orthopaedician too
Doctor :   sciatica is a possibility
Doctor :   xray will help
User :   ok thank you
Doctor :   Your doc may suggest other tests of back like ct an mri
User :   I will make an appointment
Doctor :   can I help you with anything else
User :   That is the only question I had...thank you for your help
Doctor :   Bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor