Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Treatment for acne and hair loss - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2580 Questions
User :   hi, i have a problem in my scalp
User :   i get acne or pimples
User :   a lot of them, some of them hurt when i touch and some not
Doctor :   ok
User :   i have pictures if you want to see
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   HOW LONG HAVE you had this problem
Doctor :   have you been treated earlier for this?
User :   it comes and goes
User :   no not really, but keep in mind i am wearing a wig to hide my bald area
User :   but again i get pimples in areas that is not covered
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   please understand that, acne or pimples occur due to infection with bacteria in the skin.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Do you use any shampoos , for this problem?
User :   i use couple of different shampoos
Doctor :   U can send the snaps to us at YYYY@YYYY
User :   i was hoping if you can tell me about a good medicine or an antibiotic that could help
Doctor :   as for proper treatment, and to rule out other causes, we will have to see the lesions, OR you will need a physical examination.
Doctor :   may i know your age. weight ?
User :   26
User :   100 kg
Doctor :   do you have hair loss? also let me know your height?
User :   yes i do have hair loss
User :   i am 189 cm
Doctor :   also, do you have any discharge from these lesions?
User :   and i sent you couple of snap shots
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   let me have a look at the snaps, give me a couple of minutes.
User :   ok
Doctor :   I have, increased your chat time to 30 minutes, so that i can help you out.
User :   ok thx
Doctor :   can u send it at YYYY@YYYY as well
Doctor :   DO you suffer from baldness/ hairloss ?
User :   ye
User :   yes
User :   sent
Doctor :   and this occurs only in the area where there are pimples, OR u have hairloss in normal areas of your scalp as well?
User :   all areas
User :   no
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Is there any family history of baldness as well?
User :   yep
Doctor :   i feel you have a condition called alopecia.
User :   what is that
User :   and how is it treated
Doctor :   some times this is a genetic inheritance, but in others it is a condition due to fungal infection by organisms called dermatophytes
User :   how is it treated
Doctor :   For the acne, you can use, salycylic acid 5% which is available in the pharmacy
User :   any antibiotic
Doctor :   if it does not help, you will need prescription antibiotics , given after physical examination by your physician.
Doctor :   also try shampoos like NIZORAL , ehich will help against seborrhiec dermatitis, and prevent recurent skin infections.
Doctor :   are you following me ?
Doctor :   Are you there ?
Doctor :   It seems you have moved out to a different page, please log in back if you have any other medical queries.
Thanks for consulting me here
Bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor