Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Treatment for a lump on the shaft of the penis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3620 Questions
User :   When i woke up this afternoon,i felt a swollen lump on the shaft of my penis.When i'm erect,it looks like a lump on the side of the penis.It doesn't hurt and is the same color as the rest of my skin.I;m not sexually active but do masturbate.Any ideas?
Doctor :   Hu,
User :   hey
Doctor :   does the lump pain on touch ?
User :   no,no pain at all
Doctor :   May i know the size of the lump ?
User :   i would say about the size of a small walnut
User :   maybe smaller than that
Doctor :   ok,
Doctor :   what is the consistency of the lump , soft or firm ?
User :   It's soft.It feels like just a bunch of skin knotted up in a ball
Doctor :   ok , i think its a local reaction by dilatation of the blood vessels , probably allergic
User :   Will it go away or do i need to get it treated?
Doctor :   wait for one day time , if you see the increase in size consult a dermatologist
User :   What would cause this?It just suddenly appeared.
Doctor :   probably allergic to some chemicals or an insect bite can present this way
Doctor :   and also you have to rush to the consultant if you notice any color change in the lesion
User :   i know you can't rule it out without looking but it doesn't sound cancerous?
Doctor :   no, no cancers do evolve in such a short time
User :   So keep an eye on it for a few days and if it doesn't disappear go see a doctor?
Doctor :   yes, for two days
User :   ok,thank you very much for your time
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me ,
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor