Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Treatment for Vaginitis, Conception - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   I'd like to know what's best medicine for Virginitis
Doctor :   HI
Doctor :   I would like to know the symptoms and their description to say what could be the best medcine
Doctor :   I am sorry, are we talking about Vaginitis
Doctor :   Hello are you with me?
User :   i often have irritations either before the period and at the end of the period, I have visited the OBGYN before, the doctor diagnose as " general vanities" , I felt the burns and soreness
Doctor :   Do you have vaginal discharge?
User :   not a lot at the beginning , just the burns
Doctor :   Do you itching and pain over the vagina?
User :   no itching or pain
User :   I do feel some soreness or tightness at the back of the leg
User :   I am taking some antibiotics , it will go away but comes back every 2 -3 months
Doctor :   Are you sexually active
Doctor :   Do you have a single partner
User :   I am married , yes
Doctor :   Does your husband has any problems?
User :   not at all
Doctor :   Do you have problems while intercourse?
User :   sometime I did feel pain
Doctor :   Do you have any visible bumps or lesions on the vulval area
Doctor :   redness etc?
User :   sorness now
Doctor :  
Do you shave off your pubic hair frequently?
User :   noop
Doctor :   How are you menstrual periods, are they regular?
User :   yes
User :   once a month
User :   but i am very frustrated without knowing the reason
User :   We are planning to have baby next year
Doctor :   I think your problem is skin problem rather than a Gynecological one
Doctor :   You necessarily do not need antibiotics
Doctor :   I mean oral antibiotics
Doctor :   You may need topical antibiotics with mild steroid component
Doctor :   You should take few measures
User :   I am afraid with anything has " Steroid"
Doctor :   You should not
User :   Is this a cream
Doctor :   IT is very good medicine without side effects
Doctor :   Yes it is a cream
Doctor :   This problem should not interfere you from conceiving
Doctor :   Hence do not get too much worried about it
Doctor :   My suggestion is to get the area examined by a Dermatologist and get a prescription of medicine with both antibiotic and steroid
Doctor :   The other things to be addressed are
Doctor :   1) Keep the area clean and dry
Doctor :   2) Let moisture not stay on it
User :   I do
Doctor :   3) Cut down your nails so that bacterial infection does not set in because of scratch
Doctor :   4) Wear cotton panties which absorb moisture
Doctor :   5) change them twice a day
User :   do you have OBGYN can be referred to me in my area
Doctor :   No
Doctor :   In fact you can find yourself one
Doctor :   a Dermatologist
Doctor :   in your area
Doctor :   Or else you can ask your own OBGYN to refer
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor