Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Treatment for Urinary tract infection, Diverticulitis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help u
User :   I have a dull, mild pain in the lower left hand side of my tummy towards the back which i can feel most of the time i'm wondering if i may have a kidney problem as i also feel i need to pee all the time when i dont and my urine is slightly warmer than usual, does this sound like an infection??
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   do u have fever?
User :   no i dont think so
Doctor :   do u have nausea or vomiting or stomach cramps?
User :   I have thrown up on friday night and i have felt a little sick today yes
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   do u have burning sensation when u pass urine?
User :   a little
Doctor :   since when?
User :   not long no more than a week
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Dependants: Yes/No
User :   19
User :   female, student, england single, no dependants
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   how is your bowel habits?do u have constipation or diarrhea
User :   I have had i supose mild diarrhea for a while but foods like juices etc have always been an irritant for years
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   did u similar complaints in the past?
User :   no
Doctor :   do u have chills?
User :   no
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   when was the last time u had periods?
User :   started on the 18th of may
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   did u have intercourse anytime after that?
User :   no
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   from ur history i could
Doctor :   of few things like
Doctor :   UTI,diverticulitis
Doctor :   do u have milk allergy? or allergy for diary products?
User :   no i'm fine with dairy
Doctor :   ur problem could be diverticulitis or UTi
User :   UTI urinary tract infection right??
Doctor :   u need to see physician for evaluation and treatment
Doctor :   yes
User :   what is diverticulitis??
Doctor :   for burning sensation when u pass urine
Doctor :   small, bulging pouches (diverticula) in your digestive tract.
Doctor :   is diverticulosis
Doctor :   Diverticulitis develops from a condition called diverticulosis.
Doctor :   r u able to follow
User :   yes, thanks so much for the help
Doctor :   i will give u self care tips
User :   ok
Doctor :   Eat more fiber.
User :   makes sense, i eat very little fibre!
Doctor :   High-fiber foods, such as fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains, soften waste material and help it pass more quickly through your colon
Doctor :   This reduces pressure inside your digestive tract.
Doctor :   Try to substitute fruits, vegetables and grain products for foods high in fat
Doctor :   Drink plenty of fluids
Doctor :   Exercise regularly
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Exercise promotes normal bowel function and reduces pressure inside your colon. Try to exercise at least 30 minutes on most days.
Doctor :   anything else u want to know about
Doctor :   Have you filled up the feedback form I sent?
Doctor :   did i clear all ur doubts?
User :   no thats all! i apreciate the help and i will see a doctor, i filled in the feedback and you made me feel less worried cheers mate!
Doctor :   for UTI u have to maintain good hygiene
Doctor :   drink lot of water to plush out infection
Doctor :   if u have chills u need to see physician
Doctor :   u might need antibiotics then ok
User :   ok thankyou!
Doctor :   ur welcome
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting Health care magic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service
User :   will do cheers bye!
Doctor :   bye

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor