Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Treatment for Phimosis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   Hi Doctor
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   I have query related to my sexual organ
Doctor :   ok
User :   upper skin of my penis is not moving freely
Doctor :   How old are you?
User :   i mean the skin is attached just below my cock
User :   27
User :   and very soon m going to marry
Doctor :   Yes- i Understand- you are not able to retract your foreskin
User :   yeah
User :   and also my ppenis is slightly curve
User :   its not straight
Doctor :   This is a condition called Phimosis
Doctor :   the forskin problem
User :   ok...
Doctor :   Is the curve slight/ quite a lot?
User :   slight
Doctor :   Ok- you will need to see an urologist for a physical examination-
User :   ok
Doctor :   The treatment for Phimosis- is circumcision
User :   what it is?
Doctor :   if the curve is very slight- it might not need any treatment
User :   is it possible to make it straight?
Doctor :   it is a surgical procedure to cut way the foreskin
User :   ohh....okay
Doctor :   for the curve
it will depend on the cause- usually a band of scar tissue on one side will cause the bend to the opposite side
User :   ok...
User :   so, basically it wont be cause any issue during sex right?
Doctor :   Once you see an urologist for a physical examination- then the appropriate treatment can be done
User :   ok...
Doctor :   Lots of men have very slight curves- that does not cause a problem
User :   can Phimosis cause any issue during sex?
Doctor :   but the Phimosis can cause a problem
User :   what kind of problem?
Doctor :   see- because the foreskin is not retractable- the foreskin may come back during sex and then may not come back up again- getting stuck -
Doctor :   causing swelling and pain of the glans penis- and you will have to rush to the hospital
User :   ok...
User :   so i might have to go for surgery
User :   right?
Doctor :   yes
User :   how long it will take to recover completely
Doctor :   it is a simple procedure and you might have to just stay in hospital for a day
User :   ok...
Doctor :   you will recover in 7-10 days
User :   what will be the approximate cost for this surgery in bangalore in good hospital
Doctor :   but have to avoid sexual intercourse for 1 month
Doctor :   We will call you back with the details for that-
User :   erection will be fine during tht period?
Doctor :   Yes- but you must remember that as the skin has been cut away- there will be stitches
User :   ok
Doctor :   is your
User :   my mobile number is not correct
User :   but u can reach me on my email
Doctor :   we will mail you the details then
Doctor :   Is there anything else I can help you with?
User :   ok...thnks so much doctor
User :   :)
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting Health care magic. Bye for now.
User :   bbye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor