Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Treatment for Parotitis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you?
User :   I had sent a query yesterday regarding my husband
Doctor :   ok
User :   He is suffering from parotitis since 14th May with no relief. First the left gland was swollen and now for the past week the right gland is swollen and painful
Doctor :   yes
User :   he had been taking augmentin dio 1000, metrogyl 400 and enzoflam with no much relief.
Doctor :   we have sent the reply to the query
Doctor :   that you have posted
User :   Yes but what is the sialography test mentioned
Doctor :   you should receive it by tonight
Doctor :   we mmentioned sialagogues
Doctor :   not sialography
Doctor :   they help to increase the
Doctor :   secretions
Doctor :   thus relieving any block
User :   At the end sialography is mentioned.
Doctor :   Sialography is used to demonstrate the anatomy of the drainage system and is a very useful test.
Doctor :   Injury to the ducts or acini is demonstrated with this study.
User :   How is sialagogues done. Is it done by a doctor or can it be done at home. So far no doctor has mentioned this process to us
Doctor :   these are done to rule out other possible causes of parotitis
Doctor :   this procedure is done only by qualified surgeons
Doctor :   at certain hospitals where the facilities are available
Doctor :   its done by a radiologist and general surgeon
User :   Is it possible if you can give the places or doctors in bombay who do it
Doctor :   Will be able to get that done for you.
Doctor :   Will that be it..
User :   kindly send me the details
User :   thanks
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   anything else?
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor