Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Treating penis injury and discharge - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   i have a constant white thick liquide coming out of my penis since the last few days
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   Dr XXXX
User :   what would that be ?
Doctor :   Before we proceed can u mention ur age and how long u have had this issue ?
Doctor :   may i also know, where u reside ?
User :   am 38 of age , i had this 5 days ago
User :   XXXX resident
Doctor :   Please mention what time of the day have u had this as well
Doctor :   was it a single episode ?
User :   over 24 hrs period constant
Doctor :   Did the fluid look like semen ?
User :   thick yellow
Doctor :   U mean to say, that the fluid is coming constantly ?
User :   yes
Doctor :   do u have any burning sensation , itching, pain in the penis, ?
Doctor :   Any fever, ulcers any where on the penis ?
Doctor :   did the fluid look like pus?
User :   no , but it all started when i was wearing a thick shorts with no underwear , when walking i noticed bruises on the front of the penis , since then the liquide started coming out
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   i guess u might have had a infection of the urethra of the penis
User :   how bad is that doc ?
Doctor :   i would advise u to get some blood and urine tests
User :   is that a sign of anything ?
Doctor :   get a CBC , ESR, urinalysis , urine culture as well
Doctor :   you may need antibiotics for a few days to treat this infection
User :   is it a comon issue?
Doctor :   the chances of penile injury and resultant infection is more common in circumsrcibed males
User :   is it treatable?
Doctor :   i mean men who have underwent circumcission
Doctor :   yes definitely
Doctor :   you need a course of antibiotics for atleast 1 week
User :   ok thanks doc
Doctor :   and the infection will settle down
Doctor :   you r welcome
User :   gd day
Doctor :   Do u have any other query?
User :   no just this , because i was worried that it could be some serious sexual trasmitted desease
Doctor :   when was the last time u had sexual intercourse ?
User :   last week
Doctor :   STDs are less common , if you have a single or few partners
User :   so this is not related to sex ?
Doctor :   but since u gave me a history of penile trauma, the info i gave is the reason for your condition now
Doctor :   The chances of STDs depend on the no of sexual partners
User :   ok , thanks ,i'll go and get blood and urine tests done
Doctor :   ok, that will take care of your condition
User :   many thanks doc . have a good day , thats all for now
Doctor :   take care and bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor