Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Treating blood blisters on the thigh - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Infections
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 667 Questions
Doctor :   Hello.
User :   Hi, I have these blood blisters showing up in my inner thigh that linger for weeks, finally come to head, pop, bleed a great deal and then they leave a scar almost like a bruise.
User :   This has been going on for about year. It's worse in the summer time. I'm overweight, but other than that I have no health problems.
Doctor :   give me your age, gender ?
User :   38 male
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Do you have any other symptom? like fever, pain/burning urination, etc?
User :   No nothing like that, this seems to be superficial only affecting my skin
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   how many are there?
User :   they usually go one at a time.
Doctor :   Are they present both the sides or single?
User :   both sides.
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Give me your occupation?
User :   Marketing -- I sit at a computer like all day.
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Do you have any other symptoms like itching, pain over the blisters ?
User :   I've read other people with identical symptoms on some message boards and there seems to be quite a few people with this condition, but the only common link is weight.
User :   no itching and they are only painful when they pop.
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   How often do you get it?
User :   sometimes nothing shows for months, but during the summer months and I'm in a very humid climate it gets worse.
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   once a month or so since the spring time.
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Blood blisters causes
Doctor :   1) can also develop in response to allergic irritants
Doctor :   2) viral skin infections
Doctor :   3) fungal skin infections
Doctor :   4) wearing tight clothing.
Doctor :   which can lead to friction.
Doctor :   In summer try to keep the area dry.
Doctor :   When the blister dopes appear use anti septic cream over it.
Doctor :   to prevent infection.
User :   any particular brand?
Doctor :   Ant thing which available near you.
User :   Ok, is there anything I can do to put an end to it once and for all?
User :   WWW.WWWW.WW User :   That's a link to a forum thread where people have exactly the same symptoms.
Doctor :   Those are painful blisters.
User :   These are painful to the touch.
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Are you sexually active?
User :   Yes, but I've been tested recently thinking it was herpes or cyphalis, but the doctor said I had no issues.
Doctor :   Then you need not worry.
Doctor :   It is not a STD.
User :   Yea, but it's still bothersome, persistant, uncomfortable and actively scaring my body.
Doctor :   You can contact a dermatologist for further assistance.
User :   Ok thank you.
Doctor :   Is there anything else i can help you with?
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor