Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Traumatic vaginal injury - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2570 Questions
User :   I am a widow and have not had sex in 20 years. Recently I met a man who I like - we have not had sex but I expect that to happen. So, in preparation, I bought a vibrator and I bled a bit when I used it - what should I do?
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   let me read
Doctor :   you have caused trauma to the vagina by using the vibrator
Doctor :   this has caused bleeding
Doctor :   not to worry much
Doctor :   do not use vibrator or indulge in sex or do any manipulative work with hand for the next 2 weeks
Doctor :   the wounds will heal by itself
User :   I would like to have intercourse with this man next Monda night. Can I go ahead and have intercourse with this man - will he be able to penetrate without me bleeding?
Doctor :   it takes at least 1 week for the wound to heal
Doctor :   if you try to have sex before wound heals
Doctor :   there may be bleed and pain and it might prevent the intercourse
User :   There is no blood in my panties - only a little on the head of the vibrator.
Doctor :   how many days before did this happen
User :   It happened to day as I was nervous that I was too small to allow entry. So I tried the vibrator.
User :   Is this all the answer that I am going to get?
Doctor :   wounds take time to heal
Doctor :   if you have injured the vaginal mucosa by using vibrator
Doctor :   it will take some time
Doctor :   iweek abstinance is what required
Doctor :   week *
User :   So, after a week, will I be able to have intercourse without bleeding? Isn't the vibrator the same as a penis, really?
Doctor :   yes definitely
User :   Is this to the first or second question?
Doctor :   when vagina can accommodate an head of child during birth cant it allow the penis
User :   Even if I am 64 and have not had sex in 20 years?
Doctor :   the vagina will expand and allow the penis to enter
Doctor :   do not panic in this regard
User :   So, if that is the case, why did it not allow the vibrator without bleeding?
Doctor :   for the long time you did not have sex
Doctor :   so the vagina has gone in for involution
Doctor :   you might have heard that during the first act of sex there will be bleed
Doctor :   latter vagina will get used to it
User :   What is involution?
Doctor :   disuse atrophy
User :   Yikes - is that a problem?
Doctor :   no it is not a problem
User :   Do I have to tell him that I have not had sex in 20 years? When we kiss I get very wet down there.
User :   So, I did not think that it would be a problem
Doctor :   if you want then you can tell him
Doctor :   it is good that there is good lubrication
Doctor :   it will help in allowing the penis smoother
User :   But isn.t the virbrator the same as a penis? It hurt and I bled.
Doctor :   how can it be same ?
Doctor :   it is artificial made of plastic and metal
Doctor :   do not worry
User :   OK so you do not think that I have anything that needs medical attention. the bleeding has stopped and I will not use the vibrator again but we may have intercourse next Monday.
Doctor :   just wait for a week and you can indulge in intercourse
Doctor :   no medication is required
Doctor :   clean the private parts with regular mild antiseptic solution
Doctor :   that is all required
User :   What is a mild antiseptic solution?
Doctor :   if you have some pain than you can use ibuprofen 400 mg as and when required
Doctor :   antiseptic solution like savlon , dettol
User :   I am allergic to aspirin and acetometaphin
Doctor :   used to clean the wounds
User :   I have never heard of savlon or dettol - what country are you in - I am in Canada
Doctor :   ibuprofen is not aspirin or acetometaphin
User :   I am not in pain - can I use bar soap?
Doctor :   yes you can use bar soap
User :   OK - thank you for your help. What country are you in?
Doctor :   i am located in....
User :   What is savlon
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor