Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Trauma to the right ear - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   hello
User :   well my boyfriend ruptured his eardrum
User :   he's lost his balance and has been throwing up
Doctor :   ok
User :   but he won't let me take him to a dr or anything
Doctor :   when did it happen ?
User :   about and hour and a half ago
Doctor :   waht happened actually?
User :   he was using a qtip and our dog startled him and he fell, thats all he told me
User :   but i'm pretty sure its self explanitory
Doctor :   ok'
User :   is there anything i can do...?
Doctor :   i strongly recommend you to take him to the physician
Doctor :   because based on the above symptoms i can say it is severe injury which needs medical attention
User :   i thought so. what kind of treatment would be expected?
Doctor :   one can say after examination only
Doctor :   because it depends on the degree of injury
User :   oh i see. well i have no clue how i'm gonna get him to go to a dr, we don't have health insurance
Doctor :even without medical insurance you can get treated for emergencies
Doctor :   like this

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor