Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Tooth pain - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Dental Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions

Doctor :   hi
User :   hello
Doctor :  
how can i help you
User :   i am having extreme mouth pain. it is in the back of the mouth where the upper and lower jaw meet
User :   it hurts to open my mouth
User :   and it's hard to eat
User :   any ideas what this could be?
Doctor :  
your age
User :   19
Doctor :  
okay it could be the wisdom teeth erupting
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
the mucocsa over there is injured
User :   the pain is mainly not where my wisdom teeth are coming in, but mainly the skin on the inside of the mouth
User :   if that makes sense
Doctor :  
okay it will require painkiller
Doctor :  
for five days
Doctor :  
if it is swollen then it will require antibiotic treatment
User :   it is swollen
User :   compared to the other side of my mouth
Doctor :  
can you feel the swelling being traced to the ear
User :   no
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
do you have pain even at the smell of food

User :   no
User :   plz what do i need to get
Doctor :   okay an dental consultation and painkillers will suffice in that case
Doctor :  
It seems you have moved out of the chat window. Please log in back if you have medical queries.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor