Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Took Trazure for low sperm count. Not cured. What should be done? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 05-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User: XXXXXXX : Last two manths back, I got my sperm analysis done in which the sperm count came as 16.8 m. On which my doc suggested a tab daily in evening i.e Trazure M , which will help to increase the count.Unfortunately after two months, I did the check again and now the count has dropped to 8m.As per my doc, this can be due to various reasons. Below are my questions1. Is the variation in count so high, that it can become half in two months2. Gap kept before check was told to me for 4-5 days, but in 2nd check the gap was for 6-7 days, can this also impact.3. Now my doc has asked me to stop this Trazure M and to start with Oligocare.
Doctor:Please give me a minute to read your query
Doctor:I have read your query
Doctor:Answer to your queries:
Doctor:1. Yes, it can reduce to half in 2 months
Doctor:2. The usual abstinence is for 3 to 4 days, not more than that
Doctor:3. You can start Oligocare now
User:on point 2, if the gap is mre can this have impact on the count of sperm and motility
Doctor:It does not have an impact
User:So accoring to you what could have been the reason for this becoming half. I am worried as I am planning for a kid in next month and if in this rate sperm count goes down, then it will be very serious for me and for my wife
Doctor:The causes are many but I think there is something serious
Doctor:It is better to get it evaluated by an Urologist
Doctor:Some causes are
Doctor:Endocrine abnormalities
Doctor:Problem in the genital system itself
Doctor:defective spermatogenesis
Doctor:obstruction or blockade to the sperms
User:Am being tense becoz of recent life loss in family, rest no dib, no smoking, no problem in genital
User:If the count can reduce to half in two months, can the same increase in the same speed
Doctor:I am sorry, but it may happen
Doctor:Before it worsens, we need to find out the cause for it
User:so as per you, a urologist can help to get the cause of this ?
Doctor:Yes, definitely
User:ok thanks doctor for your inputs and required assistance. Will have an appointment with urologist too
Doctor:I wish you good health
Doctor:Thank you too
Doctor:Is that all?
User:Do u want me to share the reports to one of your team who must be fro urollogist dept who can guide me further
Doctor:You can post a query to the urologist which is a better option
Doctor:You will get an answer straight from Urologist
User:I did not get or shall I XXXXXXX face to face
Doctor:I meant we have "Ask a Specialist" service where in you can post a query directly to an Urologist
Doctor:He will give an answer to you
User:ok..will do that. Right now I do not have the soft copy of the reports. Will scan today evening and then will post the details
User:Thanks you once again
Doctor:Thank you too
Doctor:You are welcome anytime
Doctor:Take care
Doctor:Bye for now
Question is related to
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor