Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Tonsillitis in Children - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   hi my daughter is getting her tonsils out she has one larger than the other what does this mean
Doctor :   one tonsil being larger than the other usually suggests infection or inflammation being more on the affected side
User :   is it very common to have it like that the doctor gave me the impression its not normal to have one larger
Doctor :   it is not common to have one larger than the other, but it is also not rare to find it happening
Doctor :   it depends on the recurrence of infection
User :   so its not serious, they have to get it tested after they remove it
User :   it doesnt hurt her
Doctor :   yes it is always better to get it tested after removal
Doctor :   the pain will last for 1-3 days, recovery is generally smooth if bleeding does not occur
User :   thank you
Doctor :   most children recover perfectly well after surgery
Doctor :   It seems you have moved out of the chat window. Please log in back if you have medical queries
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Other doctor chats you may be interested in
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor