Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

To gain proportionate height and weight - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   Hello doc!
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you
User :   Well, I am a 22 yr old software professional
User :   For the past 12 years or more, I have been quite lean but tall
User :   Whats the best way for becoming lookeable?
User :   I mean proportionate height and weight
User :   coz am 6 feet 1 inch tall but weigh only 58kgs. You can imagine how lean I am...
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Weight and Height: Dependents: Yes/ No.
User :   22 / M / IT Professional ? Chennai / Single / 58kgs / 6"2' / Yes
Doctor :   Do you smoke or chew tobacco/drink alcohol/Any illicit drugs/ betel nut chewing? If yes how much/how often and how long?
User :   None absolutely
Doctor :   Please mention about the Sleep, Stools and Appetite also if you have problems with.
User :   Well, my sleep doesnt have a proper timing and all. Varies a lot. Stolls are mostly regular and I eat well
Doctor :   Do you have any other health problems? Overwt, Diabetes, High Blood pressure, Asthma, Allergies? Any Operations If so why? please say if there is family history of such problems.
User :   Well, I am allergic o a few substances I think... As for operations, I underwent a surgery for fracture 5 years back
User :   and all grandparents are mild sugar patients
Doctor :   did you check with the doctor why you are lean
Doctor :   Does it run in your fmly?
Doctor :   any tests done yet?
User :   no, most are quite healthy. My dad used to be thin
User :   no, no tests wrt lean
User :   I eat well, but whatever I do, only the stomach rises which doesnt look good
Doctor :   so only thing you can do now is join a health club with gym and swimming included
Doctor :   I shall give you some diet precautions
User :   oh ok
Doctor :   Take THREPTIN biscuits from a pharmacy consume 3 per day
Doctor :   take
Doctor :   Mix 3 rounded scoops to 700ml . of cold water or 2% reduced-fat milk. Blend throughly until dissolved. A blender is recommended for ease of mixing.
Doctor :   it is a GNC product
Doctor :   For Details Visit and Buy the product at
Doctor :   and go to gym and swimming to build some muscle
Doctor :   it take some time to really see the change atleast 3 months
Doctor :   you can anyway see it in a month
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   anything else
User :   well
Doctor :   I have to close this window since there is no response from your side, please get back to us if you need further medical advice. We are available from 9AM to 9PM IST everyday.
User :   one sec
Doctor :   s
User :   I was noting it down
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   no problem
Doctor :   You can also plan the diet sitting with a dietician
Doctor :   based on the energy that you spend on gym and swimming and the caloreis that yu consume
Doctor :   Dont do heavy wts
User :   fine, will do that
Doctor :   just tone up the body wit the light wts
User :   But I wonder whether I will be able to actually do gym!
Doctor :   do abdominal pull up
Doctor :   just the light wt
User :   Coz my left elbow contains a metal rod as a result of the fracture 5 years ago
Doctor :   anyone can do
User :   andyway, I shall try
Doctor :   no problem
Doctor :   you can do the light wts
User :   ok
Doctor :   too
User :   Thanks a lot for the advice!
Doctor :   say done when done
Doctor :   in fact it is helpful for it
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting Health care magic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor