Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Tinnitus problem - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2568 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you?
User :   Hi doctor
Doctor :   hi
User :   I have this problem of tinnitus
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please fill these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Dependents: Yes/ No
User :   It has been around since I was in school but only discovered it as a disease when I was 25. Now I am 50+
User :   OK
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   your details can you type them?
User :   Age: 54, Male, Architect, Married, 2 dependants
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Do you have any other health problems?
User :   Was discovered having essential hypertension while still at school. Have been under treatment for High BP. Taking medicines regularly and living a normal life
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   do you have any vertigo?
User :   No
Doctor :   any hearing loss?
User :   Yes
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   any discharge from the ear?
User :   Not unusual. But I clean the excess wax once a week.
Doctor :   has the hearing loss increased progressively?
User :   Yes. Over the years.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   are you taking any medications now?
User :   Not for this problem yet.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   is this problem present in any of your family members?
User :   My father just discovered it as a disease at the age of 83 after I mentioned it as an abnormality.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   the disease may be a condition called otosclerosis
User :   He has had it for very long
Doctor :   it has this symptoms you mentioned
User :   What is otosclerosis?
Doctor :   have you gotten yourself evaluated with a ENT doctor?
Doctor :   it is a condition in which the small bones in the ear fuse
Doctor :   it is usually corrected by surgery
Doctor :   have you gotten yourself evaluated with a ENT doctor?
User :   I had been to one and I also got an audiometry test done. But no follow up thereafter.
Doctor :   i suggest that you visit an ENT doctor and get yourself further evaluated
Doctor :   once the exact cause is determined then the next step in treatment can be decide
Doctor :   YYYY@YYYY
Mobile : 0000
Doctor :   please confirm your details
User :   Who am I chatting with? I wish to thank you.
User :   The details are correct
Doctor :   you can browse in the website WWW.WWWW.WW
Doctor :   or WWW.WWWW.WW
Doctor :   for further info reg hospitals
Doctor :   Have you filled the feedback form which I have sent?
User :   Which for doctor?
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   for ENT surgeon
Doctor :   and hospitals
Doctor :   Is there any thing else that I could help you with?
User :   No thankyou. Thats all for now.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting Health care magic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service
Doctor :   bye
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you
Doctor :   Yes
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor