Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Tinea crurus and its treatment - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2586 Questions
hi my nameis XXXx and my penis is kinda swollen on the left side,i noticed 4 pea sized bumps on my scrotom, it is itchy but painless and im not sexually active, havent noticed any blisters or red bumps. any advice thnx
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   I am Dr. XXXxx reading ur query. plz wait
Doctor :   Can you send the pics to XXXXX
User :   ok
Doctor :   I will take a look at it and email my opinion
Doctor :   what is the coor/texture ?
Doctor :   *color
Doctor :   does the size of the bumps same or increasing?
Doctor :   Are you there?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Are you sending ?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Usually the varicocoele presents as worms inside the skin
Doctor :   they feel like bumps
User :   yes
Doctor :   Other possibility is warts
Doctor :   but warts are external projections from the skin
Doctor :   they are brown colored
User :   there the same as my skin color
User :   they feel like it inside mu skin
Doctor :   ok
User :   my skin is itchy
Doctor :   it on skin
Doctor :   It is on skin
Doctor :   they are itchy
Doctor :   right
User :   yes
User :   i feel no pain at all just itchy
Doctor :   the picture is not clear, but I think this is fungal infection
Doctor :   Tinea cruris with superadded bacterial infection
User :   is it serious
Doctor :   Varicolele does not present with Itching
Doctor :   ifitis infections it is not serious
Doctor :   You need topical Nystatin /clotrimazole cream
Doctor :   2 weeks of antifungal oral medicines
Doctor :   5 days of antibitics
Doctor :   But mmosy imp thing are there any swelling s insdei the scrtum?
User :   no just on the left side of my penis
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Then mostly it is fungal infection
User :   do i need to see a doctor
Doctor :   Get CLotrimazole cream and apply for 4 ties a day
Doctor :   U also need antibiotic course
Doctor :   If it does not getter in 7-10 days
Doctor :   consult MD and get the physical examination and appropriate tests
Doctor :   If it is fngal it should heal
Doctor :   DO you follow me?
User :   yes
Doctor :   DO you have any other questions?
Doctor :   Summary: possible Tinea crurus/fungus
Doctor :   Treat with topical antifungal
Doctor :   and a course o antibitics
Doctor :   If does not get better
Doctor :   get physical examination done by MD
User :   what antibiotics
Doctor :   You will get topical bacitarcin or neomycin cream over the counter
Doctor :   For oral antibiotics get the physical examination first and then get the prescription
Doctor :   Keep the area clean
Doctor :   Shave the area
Doctor :   And apply cream
Doctor :   do not let the moist
Doctor :   Do you follow me?
User :   yes
User :   anything else i should do
Doctor :   I think that is at
Doctor :   thank you for consulting me
User :   thnk you for your help
Doctor :   Thank you
Doctor :   Bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor