Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Tight foreskin in erect penis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you?
User :   hello, it's about my foreskin
Doctor :   ok
User :   basically
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Dependents: Yes/ No.
User :   18
User :   male
User :   xxxxxx
User :   single
User :   no
Doctor :   ok
User :   the other day i discovered that actually the foreskin is meant to retract behind the head of the penis
Doctor :   yes
User :   and this should be possible when erect and flaccid
Doctor :   yes
User :   and i had never been taught to do this and was completely ignorant to it
User :   but yesterday i tried
Doctor :   ok
User :   and althought slightly uncomfortable, it would retract as far as it's meant to when flaccid, however when erect it wasn't possible, it wouldn't go all the way, the foreskin was just too tight
User :   i've read up on it a bit
Doctor :   ok
User :   and i don't think my case is taht serious because it's not paiunful at all and am able to wash properly as it will retract when flaccid
Doctor :   ok
User :   but i'm looking to becime sexually active soon and i don't think that sex would be an option at the moment?
Doctor :   is it painful when erect?
User :   erm
User :   it's not at all painful if masturbating without forcingthe foreskin downwards
User :   i mean it's not like there's been any problem with it at all
Doctor :   ok
User :   it's just taht if i attempt to pull the foreskin down further than it wants to go then it is slightly painful yeah
Doctor :   do you have any other health problems?
Doctor :   are you there xxxxxx?
User :   sorry, yeo
Doctor :   ok
User :   no, no other health problenms at all
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   i suggest that you get yourself checked up because
Doctor :   it may appear normal now
Doctor :   but you may have problems in the future
Doctor :   it may worsen
User :   so i need to book an appointment with my GP?
Doctor :   and you may have difficulties while having sex
Doctor :   a gem surgeon will be able to help you
User :   ok
User :   how do i contact them?
User :   how do i contact them?
Doctor :   general surgeon
User :   sorry
Doctor :   you can visit a hospital closer to you
Doctor :   and take an appointment
User :   so is that different to seeing my GP?
Doctor :   a GP just examines common complaints whereas
Doctor :   a surgeon can perform a circumcision if required
User :   i strongly don't want a circumcision
User :   what about stretching it is taht effective at all?
Doctor :   it will just come back to its original position
Doctor :   aftre some time
User :   oh dear
Doctor :   but first it
User :   it's just i really don't want a circumcision and don;t really feel it's necessary
Doctor :   would depend on the surgeon
User :   ok#
Doctor :   if he feels that its necessary you can go for it
Doctor :   if he decides otherwise then fine
User :   so it's eother a circumcision or nothing?
Doctor :   mostly
User :   is there nothing else i can do to encourage it to retract? because it will when flaccid
Doctor :   its better for a surgeon to physically check you t
Doctor :   its better even in the future'
Doctor :   Have you filled the feedback form which I have sent?
User :   yes, thanks
User :   ok, thanks for your help
Doctor :   anything else?
User :   no, that's it thanks :)
Doctor :   bye for now
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor