Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

The problem of phimosis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   hi , i am 26 years of age , during masterbutation as my penis size gets increase but the upper layer dont get down , it covers whole of the penis. Does i have to consult the doctor as i am worried , it may not create problem for me in future during intercose.. please give advise
User :   hii
Doctor :   hello
User :   hi doctor
User :   i have a query
User :   as i asked u
Doctor :   sure
Doctor :   give me a min
User :   can u help me out
User :   ok
Doctor :   let me go thru it
Doctor :   sure i can help you
User :   thanx
Doctor :   what you are having is called as phimosis
User :   ok
Doctor :   where your foreskin does not goes back fully
User :   yes
Doctor :   and there are treatments for it
User :   does it will create problm for me in furure when i will be having intercose wid my wife
Doctor :   yes you will be able to live a normal sexual life
User :   ok
User :   can you help me as what treatment
User :   i should prefr
Doctor :   there are 2 options
User :   yes
Doctor :   i will explain both
User :   ok
Doctor :   first we do is what is called as manual retraction
Doctor :   here the point is the stretch your foreskin back gently, by first applying a lubricating gel
Doctor :   it should be done with caution
Doctor :   slowly and slowly
Doctor :   the idea is to cause the stretch of the foreskin by causing elasticity
Doctor :   you can do it when you are in the shower
User :   ok
Doctor :   the skin should be well lubricated
Doctor :   to avoid any tear
Doctor :   do it slowly everyday
User :   lubricated with oil
Doctor :   yes you can use oil
User :   ok
Doctor :   it will take time about a month or so but eventually thr skin does become elastic
Doctor :   never force it
User :   ok
Doctor :   many people benefit from this
Doctor :   it requires patience
User :   but one thing as i will be puting oil and u know start strecthing then as my penis size gets increse ..then what will hapen to forskin
Doctor :   If the foreskin is very tight the simplest method is to pull back on the skin (easiest with an erection) so that the opening feels tight without real pain. Hold that for a few minutes and repeat a few times. Do this a couple of times a day. Soaking in a warm bath will make the skin easier to stretch. If the opening becomes sore, or develops splits, stop and let things heal up. Going at it too fast will only slow things down in the end.
Once the opening is big enough to just fit over the rim of the glans when erect the foreskin is at risk of getting stuck behind it.
Doctor :   the whole point is to make your foreskin more elastic
Doctor :   there is one more way
User :   ok
User :   yes
User :   what is the other way
Doctor :   You can either grab each side of the foreskin opening (with the foreskin forward) and gently pull on each side of the opening or, even better, insert the ends of two fingers, even the little fingers and pull them gently apart. Stretch the opening in this way until it feels uncomfortably stretched but not actually painful. Hold and repeat as for method one. Once again this is best done after soaking in a warm bath.
Doctor :   As you stretch and are able to expose more of the glans you may find that it is very sensitive or even painful to touch. You will find it less painful the more you expose and use it and gradually the over-sensitivity will lessen.
User :   u means... to stercht the exit point of foreskin
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   the whole idea is that your foreskin becomes lose
Doctor :   and easily slides
User :   ok
Doctor :   like i said it will take time , so go slow
User :   hii
User :   heloo
User :   one thing..
User :   does there is any probability that the inner part of penis gets attach with some sort of nerves with foreskin
User :   means
Doctor :   sure tell me
User :   foreskin and inner part of penis gets attach
User :   through nerves
Doctor :   there is a small attachment of skin and not nerves
Doctor :   you should try this slowly and after 3-4 weeks you don't find any change then you would have to go for the second option
Doctor :   that would be going to a surgeon and getting it treated by a circumcision
User :   ok
User :   circumcision means
User :   what actually doctor will do in this
Doctor :   here a small cut will be made
Doctor :   and the foreskin will be made lose by surgical excision
Doctor :   its a minor procedure
User :   ok
User :   does it will pain
Doctor :   just a little
User :   ok
Doctor :   but will be all normal
User :   ok
Doctor :   dont worry first follow the advice i have given you
User :   u have any doc number in kolkata
Doctor :   sure i will guide you
User :   ok
User :   just gve the doc no
User :   in kolkata
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor