Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Tests recommended for nausea and bowel problems - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   hello!my name is xxxx, i am a student in xxx. i cant sleep well, i cant eat (my stomach hurts) i feel nausea!i am going to the lab center to make blood tests and other tests! i wonder so which doctor do i have to see? it's very important now                                                                 
Doctor :   HI
Doctor :   Dr xxxx here
Doctor :   ok,
User :   i am going to give my blood today, but i am not sure which service should i choose. i mean i have so bowel problem, but dont know what exactly and how can i know the main reason
Doctor :   may i know Who advised for blood tests ?
User :   well, my friends
User :   i mean blood tests can tell something
User :   about
User :   liver function, some bowel problems too
User :   as i know'right?
User :   or is there another way to undertstand what is goinf on
User :   going on
Doctor :   Thats right , but the best relevent test for your problem would be an upper GI endoscopy
User :   oh, ok)what is it?
Doctor :   Its a test wherin a camera is passed into your food pipe and photographs of the inner side food pipe and stomach are taken and studied
User :   oh ok thank you very much
User :   do you know the price for this?
Doctor :   Which country are you from
User :   xxxxx
Doctor :   Ok, the cost ranges from around 500$ to 600$, although it depends on the lab you choose
User :   ok thank you very much doctor
Doctor :   Is there anything i can help you with ?
Question is related to
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor