Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Testicular appendix - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Testicle Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
User :   I've been having pain in the right side of my penis that seems to be coming from my right testicle. I have an abnormal growth on my right testicle, what my doctor called a testicular appendix. I've had epididimitus in my right testicle as a result of having the mumps 4 years ago. I've also been diagnosed with prostatitus. Both cystoscopy and 2 ultra sounds I've had done as well as a rectal examination show no signs of cancer of the testicle or prostate thus far. The pain I've been having subsides a bit if I do not masturbate over the course of a few weeks, but it never fully subsides. It does however intensify if I do masturbate. After the effects of orgasm wear off I begin having pain in the right side of my penis that tracks along my perineum almost back to my anus. It comes in strong waves about every five minutes and then subsides after about 1 minute. Does not respond to pain killers or antibiotics, and is most intense during ejaculation. Is it possible that there is a blockage somewhere in my spermatic system that is causing this discomfort?
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hello
Doctor :   I am Dr.XXX here
Doctor :   Let me read your query
User :   ok
Doctor :   Ok
User :   what do you think?
Doctor :   this does not seem to be a blockage as such
User :   ahh ok
User :   what do you suppose is causing the pain?
Doctor :   because in that case the retrograde pressure shall produce other symptoms
Doctor :   One is strain
Doctor :   if the masturbation is very strenous
User :   I see
User :   not sure if that's the case
Doctor :   One is strain
Doctor :   Ok
User :   what do you recommend I do?
Doctor :   the other problem is the testicular appendix
Doctor :   Have you consulted the Urologist?
Doctor :   Follow up I mean to ask
User :   I'm out of my home country for the time being so it might be difficult with language barriers
Doctor :   Ok
User :   but no I havent seen a urologist about this particular issue
Doctor :   Fine
User :   I've been having problems off an on for 2 years now
Doctor :   Do you have pain on passing urine?
User :   seems like everytime one subsides something new occurs
Doctor :   ok
User :   not typically, but I do have difficulty maintaining discharge pressure
User :   I just feel like maybe something somewhere is broken or blocked
User :   I can't tell
Doctor :   Ok
User :   and most of my visits to the doctor have been inconlusive
Doctor :   it could be urethritis
Doctor :   that is one possibility
Doctor :   as you say episodic pain
User :   the pain is actually in the shaft of the penis though where the blood flows in
Doctor :   Right
User :   the pain radiates out from my right testicle into my groin and penis
Doctor :   Even urethra passes through the same
User :   and sometimes all the way down my leg into my foot
User :   usually mild but there have been instances where it interrupts sleep
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   that is the referred pain
Doctor :   which you feel
Doctor :   but does it go to the feet as well?
User :   yes
User :   I feel it in the souls of my feet when its bad
User :   well my right foot anyway
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   How about the palms?
User :   negative it only travels as high as my penis
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   The thighs and the legs?
User :   yes right side only
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   how about feeling of numbness?
User :   nope
Doctor :   is it only pain then?
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor