Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Tender and sore breasts - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   For the last 3weeks I'm been expericing vomiting, my breast are really tender and sore and stinging. I can't even wear a bra. I had my last period on the 27th Oct. On the 26th Nov I'm bleeding, not heavily, but I'm still vomiting and my breast are really hurting me. Help
Doctor :   Hello
Doctor :   Give me min please, let me read your query
Doctor :   May i know your age please ?
User :   25
Doctor :   Are you on any medications ?
User :   No
Doctor :   is this happened for the first time ?
User :   Yes
Doctor :   Are you in any type of stress ?
User :   Not really no
Doctor :   taking any Birth control pills ?
User :   No my partner pulls out
Doctor :   Ok well to tell you the main cause for the symptoms that you have told me are the HORMONES in your body
Doctor :   which are responsible for both the feeling of nausea and soreness in the breast
Doctor :   Both your breasts are sore ?
User :   Vomiting, really sore heavy breast I can't wear a bra. Yes
Doctor :   and the other factor that comes in place is an infection of the gland
Doctor :   also since you are bleeding still so we can rule out pregnancy
User :   So what glands
Doctor :   what need to be done at the moment for you are the following
Doctor :   1) The first step is to get a good a supportive bra like one that is made of good fabric and feels light.
Doctor :   2) An underwire bra is not advisable at all
Doctor :   3) over-the-counter pain relievers can give you relief
Doctor :   4) You can apply warm compress to the affected breast. This will give comfort and will aid in healing.
Doctor :   since you have been having this prolem from past 3 weeks and its increasing
Doctor :   so its highly advisable that you get your self a physical examination done by a gynecologist
User :   Ok so is that the probem. It really hurts makes me wanna cry
Doctor :   You might try cutting down on salty foods and foods that contain caffeine, like coffee, tea, and even chocolate. Try caffeine-free soda or herbal tea instead.
Doctor :   i suggest a physical examination is must in your case and you should set up an appointment
User :   I don't really drink caffine or tea or eat salty food. I can't bear the sight of food
Doctor :   it does sounds more like a hormonal imbalance in your body since you also have the symptoms of vomiting
User :   What does that mean doc
Doctor :   its usually nothing serious
Doctor :   its just sometime the hormones we have in our body can increase
User :   What cause this
Doctor :   menstruation changes is the main cause
User :   Is that whyy I only ovlated 26days this month
Doctor :   yes thats why
Doctor :   dont worry its nothing serious but please do set up a appointment

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor