Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Taking treatment for conceiving, having clomid. Can i know more about Ed Val? Will it be okie to take? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 26-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Getting Pregnant
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
User:hi i have a query abt a tablet
Doctor:sure, please proceed
User:im taking treatment froma gynaec for concieving
User:m 29yrs old female
User:rite now im on clomid tablet
User:my doctor has asked me to start new tablet from next week Val ED
User:i want to know abt this tablet
Doctor:may i know the name of the tablet ?
User:name is
Doctor:iS IT Ed Val ?
Doctor:OR VAL ED ?
User:ed val
User:sorry i mentioned it incorrectly
Doctor:ok Ed Val, is a estradiol tablet, which comes in 2 mg dose
Doctor:this is used to help regularise the cycle, in patients with PCOD, who have irregular cycles
Doctor:they help to get your ovulation cycles in order , in case, you hapeen to have anovualtory cycles
User:i happen to have irregular cycles
User:my cycle varies everymonth
Doctor:you need to continue the medication, daily , every 28 days, and repeat the cycle for 3-4 months
User:which is 1 of teh reason m not able to concieve from past 1 yr
Doctor:this will help ur cycles to become regular , once in 28 days
Doctor:Yes that is the reason , your doctor has advised the tabs for you
User:this tablet needs to be taken for 28days?\
Doctor:yes , the package contains 28 tabs, each to be taken daily
Doctor:have u followed my suggestions ?
User:thank u for ur help
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor