Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Taking taking glycephage for high sugar level. How to control it? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 02-Aug-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Diabetes
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
Doctor:Good morning
User:Hello doc
Doctor:Please proceed with your query
User:last 2 month back i came to know that my sugar level is very high
User:i was taking glycephage 250mg mng & night and himalaya karela but still its above 300
Doctor:You probably need a higher dose of Glyciphage
Doctor:500mg twice daily would be ideal
User:yesterday i visited care hospital to take second opinion and doctor told me that i have to take insulin mandatory and glycyphage 500mg 3 times a day...i am confused now what to do
User:he told me that tablets are not going to work above 250 it correct?
Doctor:It is not fully correct
Doctor:You could try with Glyciphage 500mg thrice daily
Doctor:without insulin
Doctor:We can see how you respond to this treatment without insulin
User:i need to take post meal or pre meal
Doctor:Insulin is not mandatory now
Doctor:You need to take it with the first spoon of your food
User:my current physician told me that as i am taking himalaya karela before food then 250mg is sufficient but this treatment is not fruitful
Doctor:Try the new regimen that I suggested
User:with this i have to discontinue himalaya karela and ayurvedic powder or can continue?
Doctor:You can continue to use both of them
User:fine doctor....i need to try for how many days?
User:i already lost 20 kg in 7 weeks
Doctor:20kg is a big amount of weight loss
Doctor:Try this measure for 2 weeks
User:yah it was 85 now 65
Doctor:If it does not work for you, you may have to take insulin
User:fine doctor...thanks for your opinion
Doctor:Pleasure is mine
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor