Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Taking medication for sneezing and running nose but no change. Need solution - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 14-Oct-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
User:I am XXXX
User:age 34
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:got sneezing, runing nose problem for the past 3 years
User:i have been prescribed deslor, medrol, and ivepred
User:sometimes amox, citricin
User:And even Avil
User:plus deriphillin injection
User:sometimes it works . Will be fine for one week and then i get the same issue
User:did pulmo test, everything is fine
User:Please help me to resolve this issue..
User:budecort stuff as well
Doctor:You have been having this problem since 3 years as you said
User:last but not least, nabulizer like stuff as well
User:yes correct
Doctor:and medications have failed to help you much
Doctor:Have you consulted an allergy specialist?
User:yes, did pulmo test, everything is fine
Doctor:Okay, did the doctor ask you undergo a patch test?
User:Is it advisable using Montelukast?
Doctor:Okay, I feel in your case, allergic rhinitis may the cause
User:yes you are correct
User:not sure though
Doctor:or some other cause like vasomotor rhinitis
Doctor:or atrophic rhinitis
User:kindly advise as i am bugged with all sorts of ailment..
Doctor:these conditions need to be ruled out
Doctor:The first thing you can do is, get a patch test to see if you area allergic to anything in particular
User:so what is the next step...
Doctor:then you should consult an ENT specialist, who can examine your nose well
User:yeah, got snoring problem that night whenever i face sneezing problem
Doctor:and if he/she can find things like atrophy or if there is nay increased vascular activity
User:Still not clear ENT or pulmo or cardioligist?
User:whom to consult
Doctor:You should definitely consult an ENT doctor
User:who will be the best suited?
User:fine last question , meantime is it advisable to use Montelukast?
Doctor:Once you have consulted the ENT doctor things should improve drastically
Doctor:Montelukast will be helpful
User:fine and what about patch test?
User:for what purpose?
Doctor:patch test to see if you have any allergy
User:so you mean take patch test and then consult ENT?
User:DO ENT doctors do patch test?
Doctor:Yes, I was about to suggest the same thing,
Doctor:You should first consult an ENT doctor and then if he feels that patch test is necessary then he will ask for it
User:finally got a solution. Great thanks a lot
Doctor:So, go ahead and consult an ENt doctor
Doctor:You are most welcome
User:thank you, bye
Doctor:take care
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor