Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Symptoms of progeria - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions

Doctor :   hi
User :   Hello!
Doctor :   how can i help u
Doctor :   please proceed with your query
User :   I was wondering, I know this girl and she has a face that appears to be similar of that
User :   *similar to a patient with progeria
User :   but she has a normal body structure, strong bones, and she is noraml height. But she has a very small head, no hair, swollen eyelids, no teeth, and small ears. What disease is this?
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   i will help yu in this can i ask few Q
User :   Yes, of course
Doctor :   wats your age
User :   Oh, I am not the person with the symptoms, it is a friend, but I am 19.
Doctor :   yes i know that
User :   Oh alright then.
Doctor :   for information sake i asked it
Doctor :   completely bald
User :   Yes, but there are sparse patches of hair, but its is very thin.
Doctor :   wats her complexion
Doctor :   is her IQ normal
User :   SHe has a normal IQ, and her complexion is pale, but not blotchy
Doctor :   any family history of ALBINISM
User :   No.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   any investigations done

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor