Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Symptoms of Paronychia and remedies - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the test chat with our doctor. The duration of the test chat is 5 minutes. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page.
User :   Doctor, my toe seems to be infected, and has been for several weeks.
Doctor :   ok
User :   It has several symtoms of Paronychia, though I am quite convinced that it is not so
Doctor :   Detail me about that please
User :   On the crevice, it is red, sensitive to touch, and had a pus-filled bubble (with green-brown pus) earlier today.
User :   It is not an ingrown toenail.
Doctor :   Is it for the first time
User :   yes
User :   It began as a blister, and evolved into...this.
Doctor :   any treatment so far
Doctor :   Home or doctor
User :   Only topical antibiotics at home. No med insurance.
Doctor :   Is it tense and painful?
User :   Yes.
Doctor :   How large is it compared to the other toe of the other leg?
User :   It is about half the length (from nail to cuticle), and is just in the crevice.
Doctor :   Is the nail bed and the nail discolored

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor