Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Symptoms of HPV infection - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2582 Questions
User :   I have developed moles around my anus, what is it?
User :   hello
Doctor :   hello
Doctor :   may i know your age and gender please ?
User :   I have noticed,over the last 5 years, an increase in moles on my body
User :   I am 55 white male
User :   in the last 2,3 months, moles have developed around my anus, and in my buttcrack. I'm serious
User :   what can it be? I have no insurance
Doctor :   do you have any other medical condition
User :   high blood pressure,somewhat elevated cholestorol
Doctor :   are the moles only there or on any other parts of your body ?
User :   I take medication for both
Doctor :   also can you tell me what all medications are you on ?
User :   The type of mole is only there.I have other moles,these protrude
User :   lisynopryl,pravastatin
Doctor :   have the moles changed in color?
Doctor :   or increased or decreased in size?
User :   hydrocodone for a short time lately,for back trouble
User :   I haven't noticed a change in color, not to say that hasn't happened
User :   I just "looked" at them this morning for the first time
Doctor :   so in the past 2- 3 months that they have been there, you had only felt them ?
User :   yes
Doctor :   how many are there in number ?
User :   oh,5 or 6
User :   first one showed up at top of my crack (don't know the proper name) about a year ago, I wasn't really concerned
User :   But now, it has me worried somewhat
Doctor :   It sounds like a freckles or a small moles. You might well have overlooked it, because it's obviously a place you don't look very often. now the next best step would be a visit to the dermatologist, there can be more possibilities like a infection by human papillomavirus (HPV). These are pesky, but are not generally cause for concern. also they may also be perianal skin tags. These are very common, and generally thought to be benign, although they too can be bothersome. In some cases, perianal skin tags are associated with Crohn disease, a type of inflammatory bowel disease.
Doctor :   Because you're so worried about it, nothing is going to reassure you unless a doctor sees you in person. and that is the next best step
Doctor :   you do need to visit a dermatologist
Doctor :   are they painful ?
Doctor :   or itchy ?
User :   Thanks,Doc. Kind of an embarrassing place to have problems
User :   not painful at all
User :   not itchy
Doctor :   well dont worry i can understand your concern but its must that a physical examination should be done
Doctor :   there is nothing embarrassing about the human body to a medical professional
User :   can my GP do it ?
Doctor :   yes sure he can
User :   It worried me that they showed up so suddenly,and seem(ed) to be spreading
Doctor :   well thats why a examination is must that will help us to pinpoint the cause
Doctor :   and then you can be treated accordingly
Doctor :   you will be fine
Doctor :   dont worry
User :   thanks again,Doc
Doctor :   your most welcome
Doctor :   take care
Doctor :   and have a good one
Doctor :   good bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor