Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Symptoms and treatment for ear infection - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   just a small query
Doctor :   go ahead.
User :   yesterday i had gone to swimming as a part of our team outing
Doctor :   ok
User :   and i think some water went inside the ears
User :   i feel still my ears are blocked
User :   it started a paining bit
User :   any suggestions what to do for this
Doctor :   swimming can cause external ear infection
Doctor :   the infections will cause itching and discharge
User :   but i am having internal pain
Doctor :   It could be congestions of ears
User :   is it better to show any ENT
Doctor :   it could be sign of infetion
User :   or can i just take a risk and wait for a day more
Doctor :   You can consult general physician or ENT
Doctor :   I will recommend wait for 2-3 days
User :   ok
Doctor :   and use ibuprofen 400mg three times a day
Doctor :   or you can take course of antibiotics
User :   ok thank you
Doctor :   clean the ears with alcohol
User :   you mean some spirit
Doctor :   Yes
User :   like after shave
Doctor :   Use sterile cotton
Doctor :   Yes you can use that
User :   ok
Doctor :   Thank you for consulting
Doctor :   Take care
Doctor :   Bye
User :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor