Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Symptoms and treatment for GERD - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: GERD
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   I am having extreme acidity. Taking medicine for month now. last two three days stopped taking medicine. have a bad spicy meal yesterday. and today in the after noon had really bad gas with barps running all over. bad burning sensation with barps. then there started a pain in left arm, shifting from shoulder to elbow to hand. kindly help.
Doctor :   I am reading ur query
User :   hello doc
User :   had ECG which was ok
Doctor :   what you are describing me is GERD
User :   ok
User :   kindly suggest remedy
Doctor :   Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD
Doctor :   First thing you have moderate -severe GERD
Doctor :   You need to be on medication
Doctor :   what medicines you were taking?
Doctor :   can u type tat
Doctor :   You can restart the medicines
User :   i was taking veloz empty stomach,
Doctor :   what is inside the Veloz
User :   was taking sucramal one hour before meal in afternoon and night
User :   was taking itza half hour before meal in afternoon and night
User :   also taking amlomed AT in the morning as my BP got shot when i first got excessive acidity
User :   Veloz - rebaprazole sodium and domperidone
User :   sucramal - sucralfate
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   I got it
Doctor :   Please continue the same medicines
Doctor :   after some days
User :   itza - itopride hydrochloride
Doctor :   You can stop sucral and just contine Veloz
Doctor :   It has no side effects
Doctor :   itopride hydrochloride for what?
Doctor :   I got it
Doctor :   it is comination
Doctor :   *combination
User :   i am over weight, doc asked me to get rid of weight first. but i am afraid as i got my BP shot to 120/200
Doctor :   what is your weight and height?
Doctor :   How old are you?
User :   can i have a good run and get good sweat
Doctor :   120/200???
User :   i am 30yrs
User :   upper one 200
User :   and lower one 120
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   when was it measured?
Doctor :   what was the lastest BP?
Doctor :   *latest
User :   another thing that i have problem with is that my heart beat is always soloud
Doctor :   Please the above Q
User :   i feel it in my head
User :   this BP was two months back
Doctor :   and that was 200/120
Doctor :   what was done for it?
User :   but i think from last month i had it normal
Doctor :   ok
User :   my hear beat really trouble me
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Any thing else u want to tell me?
Doctor :   Can I start my advise
Doctor :   Are you there?
Doctor :   1. you have High BP
Doctor :   2. You have GERD
Doctor :   3You have overweight
Doctor :   4. You have Palpitation/ heart beating loudly
Doctor :   Let us discuss how to tackle the problems
User :   i have a loud heart beat
User :   that i can feel moving my chest
Doctor :   Get the EKG, ECHOCARDIOGRAM
User :   ok
Doctor :   These are first and imp tets
User :   actually my doc checked my chest and stomach area checked with his ultrasound machine
Doctor :   There is also test called 24 Holter Monitor which detects your heart rate for 24 hrs and anf detects if there are any abnomal beats
User :   he said everything looks fine
Doctor :   so EKG, ECHOCARDIOGRAM 24 Holter Monitor to be done abnomral heart beats because you have high BP
User :   he said heart's size while beating looks fine
Doctor :   And u says Ultrasound
User :   i dont exaclty know the machine
Doctor :   OK
Doctor :   do u have report with u?
User :   doc i need to go know
User :   bye
Doctor :   Echocardiogram looks like Ultrasound
Doctor :   It seems you have moved out of the chat
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor