Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Swollen throat ,sore ears and tooth ache - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
Doctor :   hi
User :   I have had a swollen throught for the pasr 4 days it has made me have realy bad tooth ake and my ears are rely sore
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   may i know ur age ?
User :   i have also been being sick
User :   i have just turned 20
User :   it looks like i have two golf balls in my throught i also have lumps under my ear
Doctor :   To start with, you may be having a sorethroat due to pharyngitis, that could be due to streptococcus
Doctor :   the lumps are lymph node enlargements
Doctor :   and you may need antibiotics for treatment along with supportive meds
Doctor :   you may consider consulting your physician for prescriptions for the antibiotics
User :   i went into my local formacy and told them the symtoms and they told me what tablets to get witch i did and thay have done nothin to help my hole face is swollen up as well
Doctor :   without prescriptions , antibiotcs cannot be dispenced by pharmacies
Doctor :   in the mean time , try salt water garling, and NSAIDS for suportive therapy
User :   so i should go and see my doctor for antibiotcs
Doctor :   yes
User :   ok thank you its just i have been in so much pain with this
User :   my sister used to get this and she had to have her tonsels removed
Doctor :   ibuprofen will help the pain
User :   i have been takin asprin will they help me
Doctor :   recureent pharyngitis can do this
Doctor :   aspirin will help
User :   thank you i shall make an appointment for the doctors
Doctor :   that would be perfect
Doctor :   i hope u will get well soon
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor