Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Swollen patch on the right cheek after bleaching - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   After Skin Bleachin I have a red swollen patch on my right cheek , it irritates on touching n has slight burning sensation. I applied burnol and then silverex overnight but nothing happened, since its on my face i need a medicine or cream to cure it fast.
I'm 27 years old male.If the query is referred to a dermatologist it would be great.
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   let me read your query
User :   hi
User :   sure
User :   the patch is now dark purplish in color..
Doctor :   maY I KNOW how long since you have them ?
User :   yesterday noon
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   you have cellulitis due to a inflammed skin
Doctor :   and this will take a few days (1 week maximum)
User :   oh..
User :   any mediciine or cream i should take or apply
Doctor :   you can continue to apply the burnol
Doctor :   that is more than enough
Doctor :   but you need to have some patience
User :   ok.. no anti allergants or pills needed ?
User :   ok... Silverex is of no use ..right
Doctor :   the face is highly vascular area and the immense inflammaition and blood supply will cause the color changes
Doctor :   you can take ibuprofen 400 mg twice daily to reduce the inflammation
Doctor :   silverex is not needed here
User :   ok anything to reduce the redness... it burns a bit too...
User :   ok..
Doctor :   apply some ice packs
Doctor :   it will reduce the burning
User :   ok.. anything for redness.. it looks odd
User :   to reduce it a bit
User :   anything for redness.. it looks odd
Doctor :   apply ice
Doctor :   apply ICE , this will reduce the redness
User :   ok.. great.. thanks :)
Doctor :   You are welcome
User :   shu i see a dermat or its ok
Doctor :   no need to see anyone
Doctor :   it will go away in a few days
User :   hopefully no scars right?
Doctor :   no
Doctor :   since the skin dermis is not damaged , there will be no scars
Doctor :   if the dermis was damaged, u would not have burning and sensitivity
User :   thx
User :   thx
User :   bye
User :   bye
Doctor :   you are most welcome
User :   thx bye.. have nice day...
Doctor :   take care and bye for now
Doctor :   you too
User :   should i see a dermat .. or ts kok
Doctor :   no need to see a dermatologist
Doctor :   its ok
Doctor :   you will recover by your own
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me here
Doctor :   bye for now
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor